This feature is available for the Calls & Texts Essentials plan and higher.
Use our help article to see or change your pricing.
You can disable text messaging for a local tracking number by navigating to that number's configuration page. Once text messaging has been disabled, mobile users will no longer be able to send them to your tracking number.
Each local tracking number you create is automatically set up to receive text messages. If you've previously turned off text messaging for a local number and would like to re-enable text messaging, use the first set of instructions in this help article.
Text messaging is not available for toll-free tracking numbers.
Disabling text messaging will prevent any further text conversations from appearing on the selected tracking number in your account. When text messages are disabled, old text conversations and messages are not deleted and will still be accessible in Lead Center. Text messages can be turned on or off at any time.
Activate Text Messaging
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Choose the company whose text messages you'd like to activate.
- Click the pencil icon for the local tracking number where you'd like to re-activate text messages.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Options and select the pencil icon in the upper-right corner to open the menu.
- Check the box for the option Receive text messages (SMS) on my tracking number.
- Select Save Number at the bottom of the section.
Disable Text Messaging
- In the company containing the number whose text messages you'd like to disable, click Tracking, then the pencil icon for the number, and then open Advanced Options on the main configuration page. (Steps 1 through 4 of the Activate Text Messages section above.)
- Uncheck the box for the option Receive text messages (SMS) on my tracking number.
- Select Save at the bottom of the section.