CallRail's mobile app for iPhone and Android can be used to both make and return calls from any of your tracking numbers. Calls made from the mobile app can be recorded and viewed in your call log on both the website and app.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Place a call in the CallRail mobile app
- Return a call in the CallRail mobile app
In order to access these features on your mobile device, download CallRail’s app using one of the links below for your device:
Place a Call
Use this set of instructions to place an outbound call using one of your tracking numbers. This method allows you to call any customer, regardless of whether or not they've called your business before.
- Select the Dialer button at the bottom of your app.
- Enter the telephone number for the person you'd like to call.
- Select Your Number to enter your telephone number. This is the number where we'll call you to connect to your customer. The person you're calling won't see your phone number, they'll only see your tracking number. Then, click Go to Dialer.
- Select the Caller ID you'd like use to call your customer. This includes selecting the company and tracking number you'd like to use to place your call. Only the tracking number will show on your customer's caller ID.
- Confirm your details, and indicate whether you'd like to record your outbound call. We strongly recommend checking your state and local laws to ensure you're able to record outbound calls.
- Click Place Call to dial your customer. You'll then receive a call that prompts you to press 1 to connect to your caller. Select 1 at the prompt to call your customer, or hang up to cancel your call.
Return a Call
Use this set of instructions to return a call to a customer whose already called one of your tracking numbers. When you place an outbound call, you'll enter the number you'd like us to call you on to connect the call and choose if the outbound call should be recorded.
- In your call log, select the caller you'd like to call back.
- On the Call Details page, click their Number to return their call.
- Enter your telephone number so we can call your phone. Then, click Go to Dialer.
- Confirm your caller's details, and choose whether or not you'd like to record your outbound call. We strongly recommend checking your state and local laws to ensure you're able to record outbound calls.
- Select Place Call to dial your customer. You'll then receive a call that prompts you to press 1 to connect to your caller. Select 1 at the prompt to call your customer, or hang up to cancel your call.
Which numbers can I call using CallRail's mobile app?
Currently, outbound calls can only be made to and from U.S. and Canadian numbers on the CallRail mobile app.