CallRail's mobile app for iPhone and Android can be used to send and receive text messages from any of your tracking numbers. Text messages sent from the mobile app can be viewed and archived on both the CallRail website and mobile app.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Send a text message to a customer in the CallRail mobile app
- Reply to a text message sent to a tracking number in the CallRail mobile app
- Receive push notifications for text messages sent to tracking numbers
In order to access these features on your mobile device, download CallRail’s app using one of the links below for your device:
Send a Text Message From a Tracking Number
Use this set of instructions to send a text message using one of your tracking numbers. This method allows you to send a text message to any customer, regardless of whether or not they've contacted your business before.
- Select the Text Message button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the + button in the top right corner of the app
- Enter the telephone number for the person you'd like to send a text message.
- Select the Caller ID you'd like use to text your customer. Tap Caller ID under the key pad, and choose both a company and tracking number you'd like to use to send your text message.
- Type your message to the customer in the Text Message Fieldd
- Select Send & Archive to send your text message to the customer and create a copy of it in your archive box. New messages from this customer will still appear in your inbox.
- Once your text message has been sent you will be taken to the conversation view
Reply to a Text Message Sent to a Tracking Number
You can quickly reply to text messages sent to any of your tracking numbers inside of the CallRail mobile app.
- Select the Text Message button at the bottom of your app.
- Select the text message you would like to reply to in your text inbox.
- Type your response to the customer in the Text Message Field
- Select Send to send your message to the customer and keep the text conversation in your inbox. Select Send & Archive to send your message to the customer and move the conversation to your archived box. New messages from the customer will still go to your inbox.
Receive Push Notifications for Text Messages
CallRail's mobile app gives you the option to receive push notifications whenever a customer sends a text message to one of your tracking numbers.