You can use a Dial step in the Call Flow Builder to route callers to a single phone number, Agent, or SIP address. Dial steps are typically used in conjunction with greetings and menus.
Once your call flow is set up, you’ll assign it to the appropriate tracking numbers. You can assign the same call flow to multiple tracking numbers.
We recommend placing a few test calls from a telephone number that’s not included within your call flow to ensure your calls are routing as expected once your call flow is assigned to a tracking number.
Create a Dial Step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a Menu step in the company of your choice.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a fallback Dial step.
- Select your Call Flows from the Calls & Texts menu on the left.
- Create a new call flow by clicking + Create New Call Flow. You can also click the pencil icon to Edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Dial from the list of available steps.
- Enter your primary destination number, agent, or SIP address. The phone number entered in the dial step must match the country selected at the top of the call flow.
- Indicate how long you'd like callers to ring to this number by selecting a duration in the drop-down menu.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.