Keyword Spotting automatically identifies specific words spoken by a caller or employee on any call or voicemail transcription. Choose which words or phrases to target, and then tag, score, and apply values to call leads based on your own customized workflows. You can measure customer satisfaction, understand the context of a call without listening to a recording, and further streamline your process of categorizing and scoring calls.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Activate Keyword Spotting for your company
- Find your spotted keywords in CallRail
- Disable Keyword Spotting for your company
Keyword Spotting for calls requires the Conversation Intelligence add-on for your account. You'll also need to enable call recording for your tracking numbers and CallScribe for call transcriptions. You can choose to transcribe all calls or specific calls for Keyword Spotting.
Keyword Spotting is only available to U.S. and Canadian tracking numbers for calls made in English (US).
Set Up Keyword Spotting
Keyword Spotting is company-dependent in your account. Use these instructions for each company where you'd like to activate Keyword Spotting.
- Make sure call recording is enabled for your account and CallScribe has been configured.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose which company you'd like to use with Keyword Spotting from the dropdown.
- Select Keyword Spotting under the Workflow list in the sidebar.
- Click Add Keyword Set.
- Use the Any/All dropdown to determine whether any or all of your listed keywords must be spotted for further action to be taken after the keywords are recorded.
- Enter the keywords you'd like to see appear in the caller timeline. Keyword Spotting can also detect "close matches" to any of these words. For example, if you use "schedule" as a keyword, the system will also detect "scheduled, scheduling, and schedules."
- Select + Add Criteria to choose any additional call criteria that must be met for further action to be taken after your keywords are spotted and recorded.
Call criteria options include:
- Active Page
- Does not say*
- Landing Page
- *Selecting "Does not include" for calls will only trigger an action if your selected speaker(s) do not say the words in that set. This means you can create keyword sets for multiple use cases with their own actions (for example, a different action when an agent confirms a new appointment versus a missed opportunity like the example shown below).
- Choose to add a specific Tag, Score, or Value to the call based on the keywords and criteria you've selected.
Learn more about tags, lead scoring, and applying values.
- Click Save once you've completed creating this Keyword Spotting set.
- Select + Add Keyword Set if you'd like to create any additional keyword spotting sets.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page when finished.
Finding Your Keywords
Your spotted keywords will appear on the call details page in of Lead Center, in the Keywords Spotted report, and in the call recording player. Your keywords will have a timestamp that takes you to the moment they were spotted inside of the call recording.
Spotted keywords also appear in exported call logs.
Disabling Keyword Spotting
Disabling Keyword Spotting will turn the feature off in your account, but your settings will be saved for future use.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose the company you'd like to use with Keyword Spotting from the dropdown menu.
- Select Keyword Spotting from the Workflow list in the sidebar.
- Turn the toggle at the top of the screen to OFF.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to turn off Keyword Spotting
What languages can Keyword Spotting identify?
Keyword Spotting only understands standard English words that can be found in a dictionary. For example, a proper noun like "CallRail" or your business's name may not be recognized by the system.
Can you spot my keywords in past calls after I've set up Keyword Spotting?
Keyword Spotting will begin working on all calls received from the time this feature is activated and going forward. It won't spot keywords for calls that occurred prior to turning on this feature.
Can I use Keyword Spotting for form submissions?
Yes, Keyword Spotting is included for all forms plans. You can set up Keyword Spotting sets for calls, forms, or a combination of both depending on what interactions you're tracking in CallRail.
Use this support article to set up Keyword Spotting for form submissions.