Responsive Routing allows you to route callers based on specific conditions without having to use different tracking numbers. For example, you may want to route first-time callers to a specific agent, but repeat callers to a different agent. With Responsive Routing, your call flows can be customized based on any combination of the following criteria:
- First-time caller
- Repeat caller
- Active page
- Landing page or parameter
- Previous CallScore
We recommend using the Responsive Routing step with website pools. The keyword, active page, landing page or parameter, campaign, and referrer criteria for call flows all rely on a cookie that is exclusively used for website pools.
Source tracking numbers can only route calls using the first-time caller, repeat caller, source, and previous CallScore criteria.
Once your call flow is set up, you’ll assign it to the appropriate tracking numbers. You can assign the same call flow to multiple tracking numbers.
We recommend placing a few test calls from a telephone number that’s not included within your call flow to ensure your calls are routing as expected once your call flow is assigned to a tracking number.
Create a Responsive Routing Step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a Responsive Routing step in the company of your choice.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a Responsive Routing step.
- Select your Call Flows within Calls & Texts in the left-hand menu.
- Create a new call flow by clicking + Create New Call Flow. You can also click the pencil icon to Edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Responsive Routing from the list of available steps.
- Select your first custom Criteria for the caller in the drop-down. You can also add additional criteria to your first branch by clicking + Add Criteria.
- Add any additional Branches to your call flow. Each branch must have different caller criteria.
- Choose a secondary step below Responsive Routing to indicate where calls should forward if the caller fits the criteria in your first branch.
- Use Any other call at the bottom of the Responsive Routing step to indicate where calls should forward if the caller does not fit the criteria in any of your branches.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.
What do I enter for the campaign option?
The campaign option within Responsive Routing requires you to enter the campaign parameter found in the landing page URL of your PPC bidding platform. For example: utm_campaign=summer.
What do I enter for the landing option?
You can enter the page or parameter you'd like for us to track. For example: xyz.com or utm_source=xyz.