The Text Attribution report provides insight into the sources and interactions that are driving traffic and generating text messages.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Access your Text Attribution report
- Filter and Sort your reporting data
- Export and print your Text Attribution report
This report is available at the agency-level for an entire account and at the company-level for individual sub-accounts. Admin users will be able to access this report for an entire account. Texts can only be filtered by source and date range.
Only local U.S. and Canadian tracking numbers are able to send and receive text messages and view text attribution reports.
Text Attribution Overview
Use these instructions to access your Text Attribution report for a specific company.
- Choose the company whose Text Attribution report you'd like to view.
- Select Reports at the top of the page.
- Select Text Attribution from within the Acquisition list.
- View and interact with your Text Attribution report.
- The columns below the pie chart illustrate which sources and campaigns are bringing text messages into your business.
- The Source column shows the name of your campaign as it's configured within your account.
- The Total Text Conversations column shows the total number of conversations that have come from this source.
- The Total Messages column shows the total number of messages that have come from this source.
- The First Time Conversations column shows the number of first-time conversations that have come from this source.
Sorting Report Data
Group your reporting data by source and interaction to see a granular breakdown of the types of text messages you receive.
- Select the Source drop-down at the top of the page to see specific campaign information in your Text Attribution report.
- Choose the All Interactions drop-down to view a specific interaction for your campaign attribution selected in the first drop-down menu in step one above.
- Select First Interaction to see first-time visitors to your website.
- Select Last Interaction to see last visited by your website visitors.
- Select All Interactions to see an overview of your website traffic.
Filtering Report Data
You can apply filters to your reporting data to find text message conversations that fit specific criteria.
- Select All Filters from the top of the page.
- Select your filters to sort your data, or choose one of your saved filters by clicking the folder icon.
- Filter by Date Range to see text messages within a specific set of dates.
- Filter by Number to see text messages sent or received by a specific tracking number.
- Filter by Source to find text messages with specific referring data. Type in the source you'd like to see to find text messages in this filter set (ie. "Direct" or "Google Paid").
- Filter by Keyword to search for the keywords you're bidding on that brought text messages into your business.
- Filter by Campaign to search for a specific campaign that brought text messages into your business.
- Filter by Landing to search for a specific landing page on your site, and to find the text messages that came from that page.
- Filter by Referrer to search for a specific third-party search engine or website that brought text messages into your business.
Export and Print Report
You can export data from you Text Attribution report to a PDF or CSV file.
- Select Export from beneath the Text Attribution graph.
- Choose Print to send a copy of the report to your printer.
- Choose CSV to download a CSV file of your attribution report with the current filters and grouping applied.