This article is about the original version of Lead Center, which is no longer available to users on new accounts. But don't worry! If you are an existing user of the original Lead Center, you can still use that version and will continue to be billed normally. Support docs for the new Lead Center can be found here.
Later this year, Lead Center customers will be automatically transitioned to our new Lead Center experience. With this update, your Lead Center will become a unified, virtual phone system that helps you manage and respond to leads in a single click. How to transition to the new Lead Center.
Lead Center is a live dashboard of calls to your business and a browser-based softphone for handling calls and text messages from your desktop.
Using Lead Center, agents can view important information about a caller before they answer the phone, add customer details to a live call, and send outbound calls or text messages to customers using your tracking numbers. This makes Lead Center a valuable tool for sales and support teams who rely on calls for new sales and exceptional customer service.
What's Available in Lead Center
This is the original version of Lead Center. See instructions for the new Lead Center here.
With Lead Center, you can answer calls to your tracking numbers via your desktop softphone, place an outbound phone call to any telephone number through one of your tracking numbers, as well as send and receive text messages from customers using your tracking numbers. This includes returning calls to customers who have already dialed your tracking number or placing arbitrary calls to another telephone number you wish to call.
Activating Lead Center
This article refers to the original version of Lead Center, which is no longer available to new customers. You can sign up for the new and improved version of Lead Center here!
Add Your Agents to a Call Flow
- Click Tracking at the top of the page and select the proper company from the dropdown.
- Select Call Flows within Calls & Texts from the menu on the left.
- Edit a current call flow by clicking its Pencil icon, or choose + Create New Call Flow to create a new call flow.
- Select Agent from the destination numbers dropdown menu within a Dial, SimulCall, or Round Robin step. Then, choose the Agent(s) that should be assigned to this call flow step.
- Configure your Call Flow to your personal preferences, and click Save at the top of the page when finished.
Once an Agent is included within the Call Flow Builder, all incoming calls to tracking numbers assigned to that call flow will report the Agent who took the call in the Activity dashboard.
Read more about reporting on Agents.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.
Allow Access to Your Microphone
Softphone is only available for use in a Google Chrome browser. Any user that would like to use Softphone will need to allow CallRail to access their microphone on each Chrome browser they use.
If you're a new user logging into your account for the first time, click Enable Softphone Audio in the blue bar at the top of the page. This button will be available once you log into your CallRail account.
A pop-up will appear on your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
If you're a current user using Softphone for the first time, click Lead Center. A popup will appear at the top of your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
Enable Desktop Notifications
Once the agent is placed in the call flow, you will need to set up a live desktop notification. Live desktop notification is a small notification in the top-right corner of your screen when your account receives a phone call. This works even when CallRail is minimized or open in a different tab.
Desktop notifications are only supported by modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. You can view the versions of the browsers that support this feature here. All supported versions are highlighted in green on this page.
- Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Notifications.
- Select Calls & Texts from the Notifications section in the left menu.
- Click Create Notification.
- Choose the company we should include in your desktop notification, the user who should receive this notification, and whether you'd like to be notified of inbound calls and/or text messages. If you've chosen a specific company, you'll also have the option to choose a specific tracking number. Only administrators and managers on your account will be able to choose a different user than themselves on this step. Reporting users can only create notifications for their own login. Click Customize when you're ready to move to the next step.
- Add filters to your notifications to get details about specific types of calls you receive. You can also set an optional filter to only receive notifications for customers who have a certain Qualified Status. Click Delivery when you're ready to move onto the final step.
- Select Desktop Push Notification and click Save when finished.
If you're having trouble with Lead Center, check our troubleshooting help article.