Lead Center allows you to view valuable information about a caller before you answer the phone. Accessing contextual information about the caller as the call is taking place makes Lead Center the perfect tool for sales and support teams who rely on calls for new sales and exceptional customer service.
Use this article to learn:
- The caller information that's available in Lead Center
- How to use Lead Center to send and receive text messages
- How to place or return a call in Lead Center
What's Available in Lead Center
CallRail uses extended caller ID to obtain information in Lead Center associated with each caller's phone number.
With Lead Center, you can place an outbound phone call to any telephone number through one of your tracking numbers. This includes returning calls to customers who have already dialed your tracking number or placing arbitrary calls to another telephone number you wish to call.
Lead Center divides callers into three different categories:
- Calling Now: Customers who are currently calling your tracking phone number, but whose call has not yet been answered.
- Active Calls: Customers who are currently speaking with a representative.
- Recently: Customer who recently called your tracking phone numbers.
Each caller will also have their own Timeline. The information presented in the timeline will look similar to the information you see on the individual caller's timelines. This includes:
- Previous calls from the customer
- Call recordings
- Text conversations
- Text message frequency
- Call transcription (available if CallScribe is active)
- Web sessions (only available for keyword-level tracking numbers)
- Visitor's source, including landing page URLs and referring URLs (only available for keyword-level tracking numbers)
- Tags and notes for each call
- The caller's CallScore
You can also mark calls as spam and edit the caller's tag, note, lead status, and value from the Lead Center timeline.
Add Agents to Lead Center
Add your team to Lead Center to answer calls, respond to texts, and manage leads in real-time. Agents will first need to be an existing user or added as a user in your CallRail account and then assigned to a call flow in order to receive phone calls.
- Click Settings in the top menu.
- Select All Users.
- Click Create User if the person you want to add to Lead Center is not already a user in your account and add their information using these instructions. Administrators, Managers, and Reporting users can access Lead Center.
- Once created, select the user you'd like to make an Agent by clicking their name or gear icon next to their name to edit user.
- In their user profile under Agent Settings, select "Forward to their softphone" to receive calls on the Lead Center app on your desktop.
- Or add a different phone number to send calls to tracking numbers to another desk phone, personal cell phone, etc.
Once you've created Agent settings for your user, an administrator can update the Call Flow Builder to include your Agent's name in place of a destination number. Agents can be added to following call flow steps:
Any telephone number configured in the user's Agent Settings will ring simultaneously before moving to the next step in the Call Flow Builder.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Select your Call Flows from the left menu.
- Edit a current call flow by clicking the pencil icon, or click to create a new call flow.
- Select Agent from the destination numbers drop-down menu within a Dial, SimulCall, or Round Robin step. Then, choose the Agent(s) that should be assigned to this call flow step.
- Configure your Call Flow to your personal preferences, and click Save at the top of the page when finished.
Once an Agent is included within the Call Flow Builder, all incoming calls to tracking numbers assigned to that call flow will report the Agent who took the call in the Activity dashboard.
Read more about reporting on Agents.
Outbound Calling in Lead Center
Use the instructions below to place an outbound call in Lead Center.
- Choose the company whose tracking number you'd like to use as the caller ID.
- Click Lead Center at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Dialer button.
- Your outbound dialer will appear on the left side of the page.
- Enter the phone number that you'd like to call.
- In the Call From field, select the tracking number you'd like to appear on the caller ID of the person you're calling.
- Click the checkbox to Record call if your account is set up to record outbound calls.
- Click Connect with your phone and enter your telephone number where we should call you.
- Enter the phone number that you'd like to call.
- Click Begin Call.
- We'll then dial your number and you'll be asked to "Please press 1 to connect to (phone number)." Once you answer, we'll dial the recipient for you. From their perspective, it's just like you called them directly from your phone — except your tracking phone number will show up on their caller ID.
Text Messaging in Lead Center
When you send a text message from Lead Center, from the recipient’s perspective, it’s just like you texted them directly from your phone— except your tracking number will show on their caller ID. Send new messages to potential leads, respond to incoming texts, and view any previous correspondence you (or someone else from your team) had with a customer.
All of your text messages to and from a customer will appear in the caller timeline, giving you insight into your communication over time.
Filter Calls and Text Messages in Lead Center
CallRail's Filters allow you to pick the type of calls and text messages you'd like to display while inside of Lead Center.
- Filter by Number to see calls and text messages placed or received by a specific tracking number.
- Filter by Agent to see calls placed and received by a specific Agent.
- Filter by Tag to see calls that have been assigned a specific call tag.