This feature is available as an add-on for the Call Tracking Essentials plan and higher.
Use our help article to see or change your pricing.
Lead Center allows you to view valuable information about a caller before you answer the phone. Accessing contextual information about the caller as the call is taking place makes Lead Center the perfect tool for sales and support teams who rely on calls for new sales and exceptional customer service.
What's Available in Lead Center
With Lead Center, you can answer calls to your tracking numbers via your desktop softphone and place an outbound phone call to any telephone number through one of your tracking numbers. This includes returning calls to customers who have already dialed your tracking number or placing arbitrary calls to another telephone number you wish to call.
Lead Center divides callers into three different categories:
- Calling Now: Customers who are currently calling your tracking phone number, but whose call has not yet been answered.
- Active Calls: Customers who are currently speaking with a representative.
- Recently: Customer who recently called your tracking phone numbers.
Each caller will also have their own Timeline. The information presented in the timeline will look similar to the information you see on the individual caller's timelines. This includes:
- Previous calls from the customer
- Call recordings
- Text conversations
- Text message frequency
- Call transcription (available if CallScribe is active)
- Web sessions (only available for keyword-level tracking numbers)
- Visitor's source, including landing page URLs and referring URLs (only available for keyword-level tracking numbers)
- Tags and notes for each call
- The caller's CallScore
You can also mark calls as spam and edit the caller's tag, note, lead status, and value from the Lead Center timeline.
Activating Lead Center
Lead Center is available as an add-on for your Calls & Texts plan, priced at an additional $10 per company each month.
- Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Account Settings.
- Click Billing in the left menu.
- Under the section, "Plan and payment selections," find your Calls & Texts plan and click Change Plan.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Lead Center to add this add-on to your account.
- Click Review Changes at the bottom of the page to confirm your selection.
- Click Upgrade to confirm your changes. Once you click confirm, Lead Center is automatically added to your account.
- A new icon will appear on your main navigation. Click this icon to access Lead Center.
Create Agents for Lead Center
Add your team to Lead Center to answer calls, respond to texts, and manage leads in real-time. Agents will first need to be an existing user or added as a user in your CallRail account and then assigned to a call flow in order to receive phone calls.
- Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Users.
- Click Create User if the person you want to add to Lead Center is not already a user in your account and add their information using these instructions. Administrators, Managers, and Reporting users can access Lead Center.
- Select the user you'd like to make an Agent by clicking their name or the Pencil icon at the right end of their row to edit the user.
- In their user profile under Agent Settings, select "Forward to their softphone" to receive calls on the Lead Center browser app on your desktop.
- Alternatively, add a different phone number to send calls to tracking numbers to another desk phone, personal cell phone, etc.
Once you've created Agent settings for your user, an administrator can update the Call Flow Builder to include your Agent's name in place of a destination number. Agents can be added to Dial, and SimulCall, and Round Robin steps in the Call Flow Builder. Any telephone number configured in the user's Agent Settings will ring simultaneously before moving to the next step in the Call Flow Builder.
Add Your Agents to a Call Flow
- Click Tracking at the top of the page and select the proper company from the dropdown.
- Select Call Flows within Calls & Texts from the menu on the left.
- Edit a current call flow by clicking its Pencil icon, or choose + Create New Call Flow to create a new call flow.
- Select Agent from the destination numbers dropdown menu within a Dial, SimulCall, or Round Robin step. Then, choose the Agent(s) that should be assigned to this call flow step.
- Configure your Call Flow to your personal preferences, and click Save at the top of the page when finished.
Once an Agent is included within the Call Flow Builder, all incoming calls to tracking numbers assigned to that call flow will report the Agent who took the call in the Activity dashboard.
Read more about reporting on Agents.
Assign Your Call Flow to a Tracking Number
After you create a call flow, you must assign that call flow to your tracking numbers.
- Navigate to Tracking.
- Select edit next to the tracking number you'd like to be a part of your Lead Center call flow.
- Click edit again under Number Options or Number Pool Options to expand the menu.
- Under Forward Calls To, select the Call Flow tab and select your new created Call Flow in the dropdown to assign your Lead Center call flow. Once you do this, calls will forward to the agent desktop softphones via the call flow you created.
Enable Softphone Audio
Softphone is only available for use in a Google Chrome browser. Any user that would like to use Softphone will need to allow CallRail to access their microphone on each Chrome browser they use.
If you're a new user logging into your account for the first time, click Enable Softphone Audio in the blue bar at the top of the page. This button will be available once you log into your CallRail account.
A pop-up will appear on your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
If you're a current user using Softphone for the first time, click Lead Center. A popup will appear at the top of your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
Enable Desktop Notifications
Once the agent is placed in the call flow, you will need to set up a live desktop notification. Live desktop notification is a small notification in the top-right corner of your screen when your account receives a phone call. This works even when CallRail is minimized or open in a different tab.
Desktop notifications are only supported by modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. You can view the versions of the browsers that support this feature here. All supported versions are highlighted in green on this page.
- Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click My Profile.
- Select Email Settings in the My Notifications section in the left menu.
- Under Call and Text Notifications, click + Add Notification.
- Select the Company, Tracking Number(s), and Interaction. Then, under Alert Type, click the checkbox for Desktop Notification. Click Create when finished.
- Click Allow on the second banner that says, "Allow app.callrail.com to show desktop notifications."
Outbound Calling in Lead Center
Use the instructions below to place an outbound call in Lead Center.
- Click Lead Center in the navigation bar on the left.
- Choose the company you want to call from using the dropdown menu.
- Select the Dialer button in the bottom-left of your Lead Center screen.
- Your outbound dialer will appear on the left side of the page.
- Enter the phone number that you'd like to call.
- In the Call From field, select the tracking number you'd like to appear on the caller ID of the person you're calling.
- Click the checkbox to Record call if your account is set up to record outbound calls.
- If you're using another number to connect the call, select Connect with your phone and enter your telephone number where we should call you to connect.
- If you're using your desktop softphone, uncheck the connect with your phone option and make sure your computer mic or headset is enabled with the volume up.
- Click Begin Call.
- We'll then dial the number you entered and you'll be asked to "Please press 1 to connect to (phone number)." Once you answer, we'll dial the recipient for you. From their perspective, it's just like you called them directly from your phone — except your tracking phone number will show up on their caller ID.
Text Messaging in Lead Center
When you send a text message from Lead Center, from the recipient’s perspective, it’s just like you texted them directly from your phone— except your tracking number will show on their caller ID. Send new messages to potential leads, respond to incoming texts, and view any previous correspondence you (or someone else from your team) had with a customer.
All of your text messages to and from a customer will appear in the caller timeline, giving you insight into your communication over time.
Filter Calls and Text Messages in Lead Center
CallRail's Filters allow you to pick the type of calls and text messages you'd like to display while inside of Lead Center.
- Filter by Number to see calls and text messages placed or received by a specific tracking number.
- Filter by Agent to see calls placed and received by a specific Agent.
- Filter by Tag to see calls that have been assigned a specific call tag.
If you're having other issues with Lead Center, check our troubleshooting help article.