Account administrators can move tracking numbers and call logs between any of the companies they are assigned to. If you'd like to move your tracking numbers to another account, our support team is happy to take care of this for you on the backend of your account.
Use this article to learn more about:
- Moving tracking numbers between companies in your account
- Moving tracking numbers to a different CallRail account
Administrators are able to move tracking numbers and call data to another company inside of CallRail using the All Account Numbers page. Numbers attached to call flows will require a new routing selection before they can be moved to another company.
Our support team is able to move numbers to a different account once we receive confirmation from an administrator.
Move Numbers Between Companies
Any administrator can move tracking numbers between companies in a single account. The move may take a few moments if you are moving a large amount of tracking numbers to a new company.
- Select your account drop-down at the top of the page, then click Manage Account.
- Select your Active Numbers from the Numbers list in the left menu.
- Select the numbers you'd like to move to a new company.
- Select the Bulk Actions drop-down at the top right.
- Select Move Numbers, then click Next.
- Choose a company from the dropdown where you'd like to move your selected numbers.
- Click Save Changes.
Move Numbers Between Accounts
In order to move tracking numbers to a new account, you’ll need to create the new CallRail account if you haven’t already.
Once your new account is active, contact our support team with the following information:
- Confirmation from an administrator on your account, as well as a list of numbers in your account that should be moved.
- Confirmation from an administrator on the new account, as well as a list of numbers they’d like to move to their new account.
Do I need to update my swap script when moving numbers between two accounts?
The only time your swap script needs to be updated is when numbers are moved to a different company. If we’ve moved an entire company to your new account, you won’t have to change your script; however, if we’ve moved the numbers to a new company, you’ll need to update your script.
You can test dynamic number insertion at any time to ensure your numbers are swapping as intended.
How does moving a number affect billing?
When numbers are moved to a new account, the new account will take ownership of those numbers, and will see these numbers on their next invoice.
Can I move numbers that are attached to a call flow from one company to another?
Yes, but you will first be asked to change your routing selection to either a new destination number or a call flow from the company you are moving the number to.