CallRail’s dynamic number insertion feature helps you quickly integrate call tracking in your website. Each tracking number you create can be assigned a source (like Google AdWords, Bing Organic, Yelp, Facebook, etc.) and the correct tracking number will display when a user reaches your website via one of those sources.
Use this article to learn how to:
How Dynamic Number Insertion Works
There are several ways to install dynamic number insertion on your website. Here are our other articles that will guide you through installing dynamic number insertion using CallRail's WordPress plugin or Google Tag Manager:
There are a few important details you’ll need to know before you get started with dynamic number insertion:
- Once you’ve installed swap.js on your website, be sure to test your installation before your campaign begins.
Learn how to test dynamic number insertion with this help article.
- Dynamic number insertion detects multiple number formats, including:
111-222-3333, 111.222.3333, and (111) 222-3333.
- Special steps are necessary to swap phone numbers in images.
Learn more about image swapping with this help article.
- CallRail’s swap.js code must be embedded on the visitor’s landing page, as well as each page on your website that displays a phone number. Ideally, swap.js should be installed on every page of your website.
This video tutorial will guide you through two methods of installing Dynamic Number Insertion:
Installing CallRail on Your Website
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select All Integrations from the Integrations section in the left menu.
- Choose Dynamic Number Insertion from the list of available integrations.
- Paste your script into each page of your website right before the </body> tag.
Why isn’t my telephone number swapping?
Have you cleared your cookies, or tried accessing the website in a private browsing session? The most important part of testing dynamic number insertion is to simulate the experience of a first-time visitor before testing. Otherwise, the swap code will detect you as a visitor to the website from a previous session.
How do I prevent a number from swapping on my website?
If there is a specific place on your website where you don't want a number to swap, you're able to update the telephone number in your source code so that our swap script doesn't recognize it. In the number that you do not want to be swapped, use HTML tags that don't apply any additional style.
For example: 555-<span>444<span>-3333.
Can I use dynamic number insertion in an iframe?
We do not recommend installing our dynamic number insertion script in an iframe since they run independently from the rest of a website. This could cause an inconsistent experience for website visitors, and they could potentially see two different tracking numbers on the same website. CallRail's swap script can still be installed on websites that use iframes, but any number within an iframe won't swap.
Can I use dynamic number insertion on my Squarespace site?
Can I use dynamic number insertion on my Wix site?
If you are on any of Wix's premium plans, you can install CallRail's swap script in Google Tag Manager, and add Google Tag Manager to your Wix site.
Use this article to learn how to add dynamic number insertion to Google Tag Manager
Can I have a white labeled version of my swap code?
Yes. Use the instructions above when logged into CallRail via your white label domain to access a white label version of your swap script.