Zapier connects the apps you use so you can automate tasks using your call and form data. Using Zaps, you can create automations using "Triggers" and "Actions." Each time an action occurs in CallRail, you can trigger an outcome, like creating a lead in your CRM when a call or text occurs or sending an email when a new tracking number is added to your account. These Zaps are available to connect any two Zapier-supported apps to each other.
In order to create a custom integration with CallRail using Zapier, you'll first need an active Zapier account. To learn more about Zapier, use the link below:
If you created a Zap prior to our updated integration in November 2015, your Zap will be preserved as a legacy integration. Create new Zaps after this date according to this article.
Allow Zapier Access to CallRail
In order to use Zaps for your CallRail data, you'll want to authorize Zapier to access your CallRail account.
- Once you're logged into your Zapier account, click Connected Accounts at the top of the page.
- Search and select CallRail from the list of available accounts.
- If you're not logged into your CallRail account, you will be prompted to log in. Otherwise, select Authorize to allow CallRail to send data to your Zapier account.
- Add your account name to the newly authorized account.
Creating a Zap
Once you've authorized Zapier to access your CallRail account, you're able to configure Triggers and Actions to build a custom integration best suited to your needs. The steps outlined below are an example that outlines how to send calls to a Google Spreadsheet.
- After logging into Zapier, hover your cursor over the left-hand sidebar to open it and click Make a Zap at the top of the sidebar.
- Name your Zap as you see fit at the top of the page.
- Under When this happens, select CallRail as your triggering app.
- Select the Trigger that you'd like to track, then click Continue.
- Choose the CallRail account you'd like to use to gather your data. This is likely the account you authorized in the first set of instructions in this article. Then, click Continue.
- Select the company in your CallRail account whose data you'd like to send to Zapier. You can select multiple companies on this step if you have more than one company in your CallRail account. Click Continue when finished.
- Test your CallRail trigger by clicking Test & Continue.
- Next, you'll set up your action. Under Do this, choose the app where you'd like to send your CallRail data. For this example, we'll send calls to Google Sheets.
- Select the action you'd like to take place in the action app. Then, click Continue.
- Select your connected account, then click Continue.
- Find the correct place where you'd like to see your CallRail data. This screen is dependent upon the action and action app you're configuring on your end. Click Continue once your actions have been set up.
- Test your action by clicking Test & Continue.
- After the test is successful, click the toggle at the bottom of the screen to turn your Zap on.
Disabling Zapier Integration
The Zapier connection is configured at the user-level within your CallRail account. If a Zapier connection needs to be removed within CallRail, the user that configured the integration should log in to disable it.
- Click the Account icon in the top left, then click My Profile in the My Account panel.
- Select My Applications from the Manage section in the left menu.
- Select Manage My Applications at the top of the page.
- Click the Revoke Access (trashcan) icon for Zapier to remove the integration.
- Choose Revoke Access to confirm.
Is the Zapier integration HIPAA compliant?
CallRail's integration with Zapier currently isn't compliant for HIPAA accounts.