Porting a number to CallRail allows you to transfer a number you own into your CallRail account. Once the porting process is complete, your number will become a CallRail tracking number that you can use in your marketing campaigns to collect analytics.
Porting your phone number into CallRail is free.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Port your number into CallRail
A credit card must be added to the account in order to begin the porting process.
On average, it takes 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your documents to the time your number is ported. Bulk port requests can take up to 6-8 weeks. The amount of time varies depending on the carriers involved. Your number may be transferred at any time during this window. We preconfigure your numbers in your account to ensure there is no downtime when the number is transferred.
Do not cancel your service with your existing provider until you have confirmed the port is complete. If you cancel your service before the port is complete, your existing provider may cancel your phone number and you may be unable to transfer or recover it.
Once the number is ported into CallRail, standard per-number and per-minute fees apply (just like your other CallRail numbers).
Port a Number into CallRail
Submit a ticket to our support team with the following information:
- A completed, signed, and scanned letter of authorization.
Download Letter of Authorization
- A scanned (or electronic) copy of your most recent phone bill that includes your account and address information for all the numbers you’d like to port. If you don't have a copy of your most recent phone bill, a screenshot of the numbers in your current account should be sufficient.
- A list of the phone numbers you want to port, along with the destination number that each number should forward to, and the company within your account they should be placed within.
- A Customer Service Record (CSR) from your carrier (recommended, but not required). A Customer Service Record (CSR) is a copy of how your telephone records appear in the carrier's database and includes the service address for the account.
Note: In order to ensure the port is approved, the address listed on the letter of authorization must match the address listed on the Customer Service Record and bill.
If you have questions, you’re always welcome to contact our support team here. Thank you for porting your phone number to CallRail!
Does it cost anything to port a number to CallRail?
Nope! There's no cost on CallRail's end to port a number into our system; however, we recommend contacting the carrier you're transferring from to ensure they don't charge any port-out fees.
Can I port my number out of CallRail?
Absolutely. If you wish to port your number out to another provider, the receiving provider will assist you with initiating the port. Due to issues outside our control, the process typically takes 4-6 weeks. During this time, do not close your CallRail account until you have confirmed that the port has completed successfully.
Which numbers can be ported?
Local and toll-free US & Canadian phone numbers can be ported to accounts that are current, in good standing, and out of the free trial period.
Who can help port my numbers?
Your receiving provider will manage the porting process. Once CallRail receives the request to port numbers from your account, we will reach out to the account administrator to verify that numbers can be added and will pre-configure numbers in your account. No downtime will occur on your numbers while the port is taking place.