If you're using keyword-level tracking, you can view a Caller Timeline page for each phone call to find more information on the touch points a caller had with your business. You can also use your caller’s timeline to add important details about the caller, including their lead status, call tags, notes, and value.
Use this article to learn how to:
- See your caller’s information, including the campaign that brought them to your website
- Review each call recording and interaction a caller has with your website
To learn more about how CallRail’s Caller Timelines compile data, read this help article:
Caller ID and Campaign Information
Follow these instructions to access a timeline for each caller on your call log.
- On your call log, click the Timeline icon for the call you’d like to view.
- At the top of the page is your caller's information. This includes their caller ID information, the initial campaign they called, as well as the device and browser they use.
- As you scroll down the page, you can see a full timeline for the caller. This includes each phone call they’ve placed to your business, as well as each search or PPC campaign or they’ve clicked on to reach your website.
If you’re using call recording, you can click on each phone call in a timeline to review the call’s recording.
We'll also display each page a caller visited on your website.
- In the Visitor Source section, you’ll see all relevant campaign information about a caller’s visit to your website. When a caller has been referred from a PPC campaign, you’ll see the following information:
- The Visitor Source provides the referring campaign details for a caller.
- The Referring Page URL Variables includes the variables associated with the previous web page the caller was on before navigating to your site.
- The Landing Page URL Variables includes the variables for the first page the website visitor landed on when navigating to your landing page/website.
- The Full URLs provides the entire URL string for both the referring URL and landing page URL. This includes any additional URL tracking parameters you’ve added to your campaigns.
Maximizing Caller Timeline Data
In the Visitor Source section of a caller's timeline, CallRail will automatically display the following URL tracking parameters if they have been added to your URLs in Google AdWords or Bing AdCenter:
- Match Type
- Ad Position
If you're using URL tracking parameters outside of the 5 listed above, the values of those parameters will be listed in the Landing Page URL available within the Full URLs section.
To learn more about CallRail’s recommended tracking formula, read this help article:
Can I see caller's campaign information and browsing details with source-level tracking?
Each call received by your tracking numbers will have a timeline; however, calls to keyword tracking pools contain additional information since we’re tracking a caller’s session. To learn more about caller timelines for source tracking number, read this help article: