CallRail offers two methods to report calls as conversions to Google AdWords. Our recommended method is to use our automatic integration via Google Analytics.
As an alternative, we offer AdWords Manual Conversion Import for situations where Google Analytics is not installed or where Google Analytics is not linked to the Google AdWords account. CallRail's AdWords Manual Conversion Import reports conversions for calls that included an AdWords click (gclid) placed within the past 90 days.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Manually import call conversions into AdWords
- Use your keyword tracking calls to report conversions to AdWords
CallRail's Google AdWords Integration Requirements
In order to manually import calls to Google AdWords, you'll need to have the following set up:
- Keyword-level call tracking
- Auto-tagging enabled in your Google AdWords account
Conversions can take 24 hours to appear within your AdWords account. Additionally, once manually uploaded, conversions can't be deleted.
Manually Import Conversions
Each company has its own spreadsheet of AdWords click IDs. Use the instructions below for each company in your account where you'd like to manually import your conversions to AdWords.
- Choose the company whose keyword tracker calls you'd like to import into AdWords.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select Google AdWords from the list of Integrations.
- In the Manual Import via CSV on the right side of the page, click on the link for downloading this CSV file.
- Log in to your Google AdWords account.
- Select Tools > Conversions.
- Select + Conversion.
- Click the last option, Import.
- Name and configure your conversions according to your personal preferences.
- Confirm that you understand these new conversions cannot be deleted once they've been uploaded.
- Upload the AdWords call conversions excel file that you downloaded in step 1.