CallRail's support team is able to help you organize your tracking numbers in a manner that works best for your business. If you find yourself looking to move your tracking numbers to other companies or other accounts, we're happy to take care of this for you on the backend of your account.
Use this article to learn more about:
- Moving tracking numbers to other companies in your account
- Transferring tracking numbers to a different CallRail account
Our support team is able to transfer a number to another company or account once we receive confirmation from an administrator on your account.
Transfer Numbers Between Companies
Any administrator on an account can request to move to tracking numbers between companies in a single account. To move numbers between companies, contact our support team with the following information:
- A list of tracking numbers you’d like to transfer
- The current company where the tracking numbers are located
- The new company where the number(s) should transfer. Please create these companies in your account before contacting support.
Transfer Numbers Between Accounts
In order to transfer tracking numbers to a new account, you’ll need to create the new account with us if you haven’t already.
Once your new account is active, contact our support team with the following information:
- Confirmation from an administrator on your account, as well as a list of numbers in your account that should be transferred.
- Confirmation from an administrator on the new account, as well as a list of numbers they’d like to transfer to their new account.
Do I need to update my swap script when transferring numbers between two accounts?
The only time your swap script needs to be updated is when numbers are moved to a different company. If we’ve moved an entire company to your new account, you won’t have to change your script; however, if we’ve transferred the numbers to a new company, you’ll need to update your script.
You can test dynamic number insertion at any time to ensure your numbers are swapping as intended.
How does transferring a number affect billing?
When numbers are transferred to a new account, the new account will take ownership of those numbers, and will see these numbers on their next invoice.