Using a Schedule step in the Call Flow Builder, you can route calls to certain agents or departments based on your company’s business hours. This is commonly used by agencies who route calls to their office during the day, but a call center or a voicemail after hours.
Once your call flow is set up, you’ll assign it to the appropriate tracking numbers. You can assign the same call flow to multiple tracking numbers.
Once your call flow is assigned to a tracking number, we recommend placing a few test calls from a telephone number that’s not within your call flow to ensure your calls are routing as expected.
Create a Schedule Step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a Schedule step in the company of your choice.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a Schedule step.
- Select your Call Flows from the Calls & Texts section of the menu on the left.
- Create a new call flow by clicking + Create New Call Flow. You can also click the pencil icon to Edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Schedule from the list of available steps.
- Enter time frames for your business hours in Schedule Branch A. (For example, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays, and 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays).
- Choose a secondary step below the Schedule step to indicate where calls should forward if they're received during the times listed in Schedule Branch A. (For example, the main line for your business).
- Return to your Schedule step. Click + Add Schedule Branch to add another set of business hours for your call routing. If your schedule is complete, click Any other time to indicate where calls should go if they're received outside of hours listed in any schedule branch.
- Select a secondary step to indicate where calls should forward to if they're received at any other time.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.
What happens if times in my schedule step conflict with one another?
If you receive a message that there is a time conflict in your schedule branch, but choose to save your call flow with the conflict in place, we'll route your callers through steps in the first branch.
For example, if your schedule branch B conflicts with schedule branch A, we'll route any calls that reach your call flow during the conflicted time frame through branch A. We recommend creating your call flow without schedule conflicts to ensure your calls route as expected.