The Unique Callers report provides an overview of the calls received from a specific telephone number. At the top of the report, you'll see the telephone number that calls you the most, and specific details about the campaigns, and the most recent calls from your top callers.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Access your Unique Callers report
- Filter and sort your reporting data
- Export your report to a CSV file
CallRail defines callers by their telephone number. Unique callers in this report will be populated by their caller ID information.
Unique Callers Overview
Use these instructions to access your Unique Callers report for a specific company.
- Choose the company whose Unique Callers Report you'd like to view.
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- Select Unique Callers from within the Calls list.
- View and interact with your Unique Callers report.
- The Phone Number column shows the caller's telephone number.
- The Name column shows the caller's name as configured by their telephone carrier.
- The Source Name column displays the tracking number the caller dialed.
- The Source Type column shows the campaign being tracked.
- The Most Recent Call column displays a timestamp of the last time a call was received by this telephone number.
- The Total Calls column shows how many calls have been received by this telephone number.
- The Longest Call column provides call length for the longest call from this telephone number.
- The Average Call column provides the average call length of calls from this telephone number.
Filtering Report Data
You can apply filters to your reporting data to find callers that fit specific criteria.
- Select All Filters from the top of the page.
- Select your filters to sort your data, or choose one of your saved filters by clicking the folder icon.
- Filter by Date Range to see calls within a specific set of dates.
- Filter by Agent to see calls placed and received by a specific Agent.
- Filter by Number to see calls placed or received by a specific tracking number.
- Filter by Source to find calls with specific referring data. Type in the source you'd like to see to find calls in this filter set (ie. "Direct" or "Google Paid").
- Filter by CallScore to see calls that were marked as leads.
- Filter by Tag to see calls that have been assigned a specific call tag.
- Filter by Direction to see inbound or outbound calls.
- Filter by Answer Status to find calls that were answered, missed, or reached a voicemail.
- Filter by Duration to see calls that lasted longer than a certain number of minutes or seconds.
- Filter by Device Type to see callers who accessed your website using their desktop or mobile device.
- Filter by Keyword to search for the keywords you're bidding on that brought calls into your business.
- Filter by Campaign to search for a specific campaign that brought calls into your business.
- Filter by Landing to search for a specific landing page on your site, and to find the calls that came from that page.
- Filter by Referrer to search for a specific third-party search engine or website that brought calls into your business.
Export CSV of Report
You can export the data from your Unique Callers report to a CSV file.
- Select Export to CSV at the top of the page.
- A download will begin in your browser. Once your download finishes, you can open the spreadsheet in Excel or another software of your choice.
What's the difference between a first-time caller and a unique caller?
A unique caller represents a call from the same person (distinguished by caller ID information). If you receive a call from the same person, but they call you from two different telephone numbers, they would count as two unique callers.
A unique caller is not necessarily the same as a new caller because repeat callers will make up the data in your Unique Callers report, while a new caller would be someone calling you for the first time.