You can use a CallRail tracking number to track website visitors from specific third-party websites. This type of tracking number is commonly used to track website visitors from directory listings, like Yelp or Yellow Pages.
To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
If you are currently using visitor tracking to "Track All Visitors," then your website pool will track all of your web referrals without having to create a number according to this article.
Create a Web Referral Tracking Number
Follow these steps to create a tracking number for each referral domain you'd like to track.
- Click the Create (+) icon in the navigation bar on the left and select Phone Number.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?" Select I’ll use it online.
- Select On my website since this tracking number will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Calls only since this number will track referrals instead of keywords or web sessions.
- Name your tracking number for your reports, and enter the forwarding number where your calls should route. Then, click Tracking Options.
- Select Web Referrals as your tracking source, and enter the website domain you'd like to track. Then, click Choose a Phone Number.
- Choose your tracking phone number from the list of available numbers. If you want your number to have a different area code, click Numbers in a specific country or area code and enter your preferred area code. Then, click Number Features.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- To purchase an Australian or UK tracking number, please provide an address to associate with the tracking number. This does not have to be a local address and can be your business's main address.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.