To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
You can use a CallRail tracking number to track website visitors from specific third-party websites. This type of tracking number is commonly used to track website visitors from directory listings, like Yelp or YellowPages.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Create a tracking number for a web referral
In order for your web referral tracking number to swap as expected, dynamic number insertion should be installed on your website.
If you are currently using keyword-level tracking to "Track All Visitors," then your keyword pool will track all of your web referrals without having to create a number according to this article.
Create a Web Referral Tracking Number
Follow these steps to create a tracking number for each referral domain you'd like to track.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select Create Phone Number.
- Select I’ll use it online since this tracking number is for a web campaign.
- Select On my website since this tracking number will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Track a marketing campaign since this number targets visitors referred from a third-party website.
- Name your tracking number for your reports, and enter the forwarding number where your calls should route. Then, click Next: Tracking Options.
- Select Web Referrals as your tracking source, and enter the website domain you'd like to track. Then, click Next: Choose a Phone Number.
- Choose your tracking phone number from the list of available numbers. If you want your number to have a different area code, click Numbers in a specific country or area code and enter your preferred area code. Then, click Next: Other Options.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- If you're purchasing French or Australian tracking numbers, our carrier requires a local address on file. Enter the address of the business you're purchasing tracking numbers for. This address will need to be local to the tracking numbers you're creating. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.