CallRail offers a way to track remarketing campaigns with a small update to the landing URL for your remarketing campaign. Using this, visitors arriving from a remarketing campaign will see your remarketing tracking number, even if they previously arrived at your site through another campaign.
To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
Once you've set up your remarketing source tracking number, you'll also want to set up a landing page source override. This allows a remarketing campaign visitor's remarketing visit to override their first visit to the website, so they see your remarketing campaign tracking number.
Create a Remarketing Campaign Tracking Number
- Click the Create (+) icon in the navigation bar on the left and select Phone Number.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?" Select I’ll use it online.
- Select On my website since this tracking number will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Calls only since this number will track a single campaign instead of keywords or web sessions.
- Set up your call routing by entering the telephone number where we should route your calls. This is typically your primary business number. If you're using Lead Center, you'll see a second option for Lead Center's softphone you can select instead to route calls to a Lead Center Agent or Team. Then, click Tracking Options to move to the next step.
- Select the option Landing page or URL parameter and enter the parameter you'd like to use (this will be the same parameter you add to your landing URL). In this example, we'll use "utm_campaign=remarketing." Then, click Number Setup.
- Name your tracking number for your reports and settings. Then, choose the call tracking phone number you'd like to purchase by picking from one of the three options for local and toll-free numbers. Once you've picked your number, click Number Features to move to the next step.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- To purchase an Australian or UK tracking number, please provide an address to associate with the tracking number. This does not have to be a local address and can be your business's main address.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.
Create a Landing Page Source Override
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose the company that contains your remarketing campaign tracking number.
- Beneath your company's code snippet, click the link for Advanced Settings.
- Check the box for when a visitor arrives on a landing page containing the following parameter name. Then, enter the parameter you’d like to override the original source.
- Click Save to update your settings.