To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
You can create a CallRail tracking number to track a specific online campaign. When tracking an online campaign, you can set your tracking number to swap for a specific landing page parameter (say, utm_campaign=campaign1 and/or utm_campaign=campaign2). Then, you'll tag your landing page URL with the same parameter you're using for your tracking number. Our dynamic number insertion script detects the parameter when a visitor comes to your website and swaps in the correct tracking number.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Create a tracking number for a specific campaign
In order for your campaign-level tracking number to swap as expected, dynamic number insertion should be installed on your website.
Create a Campaign-Level Tracking Number
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select Create Phone Number.
- Select I’ll use it online since this tracking number is for a web campaign.
- Select On my website since this tracking number will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Track a marketing campaign since this number targets visitors who match your campaign settings.
- Name your tracking number for your reports, and enter the forwarding number where your calls should route. Then, click Next: Tracking Options.
- Select the tracking source that this number should swap for on your website and enter your campaign parameters. Then, click Next: Choose a Phone Number.
- Choose your tracking phone number from the list of available numbers. If you want your number to have a different area code, click Numbers in a specific country or area code and enter your preferred area code. Then, click Next: Other Options.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- If you're purchasing French or Australian tracking numbers, our carrier requires a local address on file. Enter the address of the business you're purchasing tracking numbers for. This address will need to be local to the tracking numbers you're creating. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.