Block and prevent phone numbers from calling or texting companies in your account. If your call volume is low, then a few “wrong number” calls can seem like a lot. We know this can be frustrating, and we actively work to prevent unwanted calls from reaching your tracking numbers.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Block a single caller through their timeline
- Block or challenge a specific type of caller, like telemarketers or non-local callers
- Unblock a caller
You have a few options when it comes to filtering unwanted calls, and can update your settings at any time:
- Blocking prevents a caller (or type of caller) from calling you. Callers that are blocked will hear a message that calls from their number are not accepted when they dial your tracking number.
- Challenging a caller will prompt the caller to press 1 before being connected to your tracking number. If they don’t make it past the prompt, then they won’t be connected to your tracking number.
Blocking a Single Caller
You can block a telephone number from calling tracking numbers within a specific company in your account by navigating to that caller’s timeline.
- Choose the company whose call log you’d like to view.
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- Find the caller you’d like to block, and click to view their Timeline.
- Click the Block Number icon next to their telephone number.
Block or Challenge Calls
You can block a single telephone number and categories of callers from the Blocked Callers page in your account. When blocking callers, you can enter an area code (e.g. 404), an area code and exchange (e.g. 404-555), or a full 10-digit phone number.
Categories of blocked or challenged callers are company-dependent within your account.
- Choose the company where you’d like to block or challenge calls.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select the Tools tab, then click Blocked Callers.
- Block a specific phone number at the top of the page by entering the number into the top field and clicking Block Caller. You can also choose to block this caller from all companies in your account by clicking the checkbox.
- You can also choose to filter callers by category. Select Challenge, Block, or Allow to apply your settings to any caller that falls within one of these categories.
You’re able to unblock a caller at any time from your account's Blocked Numbers page.
- Click Account at the top of the page, then click Manage.
- Select the Manage tab, then click Blocked Callers.
- Click the Gear icon associated with the number, and then click Unblock.
What do callers hear if I've blocked their number from calling me?
If someone attempts to dial your tracking numbers once they've been blocked, they'll hear a message that says, "Calls from this number are not accepted. Goodbye." The call will disconnect, and it won't appear on your invoice or on your call log.
What do callers hear if I've challenged their number from calling?
If someone dials a tracking number once they've been challenged, they'll hear a message that says, "Thank you for your call. Please press one to be connected to your party." Once they press one on their telephone keypad, they'll ring through your tracking number just like any other caller.