Your Number Assignment Table shows how your pooled phone numbers are assigned to visitors at any given point in time so you can determine whether or not your phone numbers are being recycled too rapidly.
You can also use your Number Assignment Table to see the numbers that make up your keyword tracking pool.
Use this article to learn how to:
- See the numbers within your keyword pool
- View how your keyword tracking numbers are being allocated to website visitors
The Number Assignment Table does not show incoming calls. Incoming calls appear in your Activity Call Log. When a call is received, that incoming call will be correlated to the specific visitor/keyword/source listed on the Number Assignment Table at that moment.
CallRail has a minimum requirement of 4 numbers within a keyword tracking pool to reduce the likelihood of a visitor-to-call misattribution. Misattributions occur when there are more active visitors on a website at a time than there are tracking numbers within a keyword pool.
For example, a caller's session and visitor timeline may not display accurate information if there were two or more visitors viewing the same tracking number at the same time. The number assignment table makes it clear whether or not this is the case.
View Your Keyword Pool Numbers
- Choose the company whose keyword tracking pool you'd like to view.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Click the link under the Tracking Numbers column that correlates with your keyword tracking pool.
- Here, you will see a list of numbers within your keyword tracking pool. This page also provides the Number Assignment Table, which shows how your pooled phone numbers are assigned to visitors at any given point in time so you can determine whether or not your phone numbers are being recycled too rapidly.