Tags are a helpful way to sort and categorize your calls and form submissions. Each company in your account has its own set of tags that can be created, edited, and color-coded to help you sort your data faster.
Tags are company-dependent within your account. There’s no limit on how many tags you’re able to add to a company. You can also assign multiple tags to a single call or form.
Editing a tag will change the tag in every place it’s currently assigned. Removing a tag will remove it automatically from any call flow and phone call it’s been assigned to.
Creating Tags at the Account-Level (Admins Only)
If you're an administrator for your CallRail account, you can create a set of tags that apply to every single company in your account. These tags can only be created and edited by administrators since these tag settings apply to all companies.
- Click the Account icon in the top left, then click Account Settings in the My Account panel.
- Choose Tags from within the Manage list in the left menu.
- Click + Add Tag at the bottom of the page to create a new tag that will be available to all companies in your account.
- You can change the color of the tag by clicking the pencil icon on the right-hand side of the page, and then by selecting the color swatch icon in the table.
- If you need to remove a tag, click the Delete icon. This removes this tag from all call flows and phone calls that it's been applied to in your account.
Creating Tags at the Company-Level (All Users)
Follow the instructions below to configure tags for a specific company in your account.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose the company whose tags you’d like to set up.
- Select Tags within Workflow in the menu to the left.
- You’ll see a list of pre-populated tags. You can create, edit, or delete any of these tags. To add more tags, click + Add Tag at the bottom of the list.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Color Coding Tags
Applying colors to each of your tags lets you quickly differentiate between the types of calls and forms you receive. By default, the background color of any tag is gray, but you can choose different colors for each set of tags in each company. Once a color has been assigned to a tag, all assigned tags will update to reflect the new color.
- From the tags customization page (outlined in the previous Set Up Tags section), select the pencil icon to edit the tag whose color you'd like to change.
- Choose the color you'd like to apply to that tag.
- Click Save to update your settings.
Adding Tags to a Call
You can apply a tag to a call from several places within CallRail.
- Add a tag on your call log by clicking + in the "Tags" column.
- From the recording playback box by clicking + next to "Tags."
- In the classification panel in the bottom right hand corner of the screen in Lead Center.
You can also apply tags automatically using the Call Flow Builder and Keypad Scoring. For more information on these features, read these help articles:
Adding Tags to a Form Submission
Tags can also be used for form submissions you've received.
- Select Activity at the top of the page.
- Select Form Submissions under Forms on the left menu.
- Add a tag to your form log by clicking + in the "Tags" column and picking the tag you'd like to apply.
- Alternatively, you can add a tag to a form submission by clicking the Note icon at the far right of a form's row on your log and adding a tag within the panel at the bottom of the screen.
Adding the Tag Column to Your Activity Dashboard
In order to see a call’s tag on your activity dashboard, you’ll want to ensure the Tag column has been added to your dashboard.
- Select Activity at the top of the page.
- Click Edit Columns from beneath the call graph.
- Select the Tag Checkbox, under Classification.
Filter by Tag
You can apply a filter to your dashboard and reports to see calls and forms that have been assigned specific tags. Filtering your data by tags is a quick way for granular insight into your customer interactions.
- Click Add Filter from within the filter panel at the top of your Call Log or any report.
- Choose Tags within the Properties group in the filter menu that appears.
- Select the tag(s) that you’d like to see. You can choose as many tags as you’d like.
- Once you’ve selected your tag(s), your activity log or report will update accordingly.
You can also filter which calls report to your third-party integrations by tag. For more information on how to set an integration filter for tags, read this support article: