Using a Round Robin step, you can sequentially route phone calls to multiple destination numbers in a queue. You can set a specific amount of time that each number in the queue should ring before moving on to the next number. You can also use CallRail’s Round Robin feature with a weighted distribution, so certain destination numbers take calls more often.
Once a call is answered by a number or agent within the Round Robin step, all future calls from the same customer/telephone number will route to the same destination that originally answered the call.
After your call flow is set up, you’ll assign it to the appropriate tracking numbers. You can assign the same call flow to multiple tracking numbers. We recommend placing a test call from a telephone number that’s not included in your call flow to ensure your calls are routing as expected.
Create a Round Robin Step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a Round Robin step in the company of your choice.
- Select Analytics from the navigation bar on the left.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a Round Robin step.
- Select your Call Flows from the Calls & Texts menu on the left.
- Create a new call flow by clicking + Create New Call Flow. You can also click the pencil icon to Edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Round Robin from the list of available steps.
- Enter the destination numbers or Agents you want to ring in your queue. The phone numbers entered in the Round Robin step must match the country selected at the top of the call flow and must all be from the same country.
- Choose the duration that each number should ring for before moving on to the next number in the queue.
- Click the checkbox if you'd like to prevent voicemails and automated systems from answering a call.
- Select the checkbox if you'd like to route calls using a weighted distribution. Then, enter a number for the "weight," or how often calls should be routed to this destination number. (For example, 10% of calls to destination #1, and 90% of calls to destination #2). This step is optional.
- Indicate what should happen next in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the Round Robin step.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.