The Time to First Call report provides a breakdown of the length of time it took for a website visitor to call one of your tracking numbers. You can use this report to gauge your caller's interactions with your website and to see the average length of time it takes people to reach out to your business.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Access your Time to First Call report
- Filter and sort your reporting data
- Export and print your Time to First Call report
In order to capture a visitor’s session and correlate it with their call, this report requires keyword-level tracking with the dynamic number insertion script installed on your website.
Time to First Call Overview
Use these instructions to access your Time to First Call report for a specific company.
- Choose the company whose Time to First Call report you'd like to view.
- Select Reports from the top of the page.
- Select Acquisition from the secondary menu, then click Time to First Call.
- View and interact with your Time to First Call report. Select or deselect Repeat Calls and First Time Callers to adjust your graph and focus on only a certain kind of caller. Or, hover over your bar graphs to see a breakdown of repeat callers vs. first-time callers.
- The columns below the bar graph illustrate which sources and campaigns are bringing calls to your business.
- The First Time Callers column provides how many of the total calls are first-time callers within the browsing period listed on the left.
- The Total Duration column shows the total amount of time spent on the phone with callers within the browsing period listed on the left.
- The Average Duration column provides the average amount of time spent on the phone with callers within the browsing period listed on the left.
Filtering Report Data
You can apply filters to your reporting data to find callers that fit specific criteria.
- Select All Filters from the top of the page.
- Select your filters to sort your data, or choose one of your saved filters by clicking the folder icon.
- Filter by Date Range to see calls within a specific set of dates.
- Filter by Agent to see calls placed and received by a specific Agent.
- Filter by Number to see calls placed or received by a specific tracking number.
- Filter by Source to find calls with specific referring data. Type in the source you'd like to see to find calls in this filter set (ie. "Direct" or "Google Paid").
- Filter by CallScore to see calls that were marked as leads.
- Filter by Tag to see calls that have been assigned a specific call tag.
- Filter by Direction to see inbound or outbound calls.
- Filter by Answer Status to find calls that were answered, missed, or reached a voicemail.
- Filter by Duration to see calls that lasted longer than a certain number of minutes or seconds.
- Filter by Device Type to see callers who accessed your website using their desktop or mobile device.
- Filter by Keyword to search for the keywords you're bidding on that brought calls into your business.
- Filter by Campaign to search for a specific campaign that brought calls into your business.
- Filter by Landing to search for a specific landing page on your site, and to find the calls that came from that page.
- Filter by Referrer to search for a specific third-party search engine or website that brought calls into your business.
Export and Print Report
You can print your Time to First Call report, or export the data from the report to a CSV file.
- Select Export from beneath the graph.
- Choose CSV to download a CSV file of your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.