To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United State and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
You can create multiple keyword pools in the same company in your account to track each location of business for yourself or your customer. This solution is popular for franchises and businesses with multiple locations looking to track visitor sessions within the same company in their CallRail account.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Use keyword level tracking for multiple locations
If your account doesn't already have the ability to add multiple keyword pools to a single company, reach out to our support team first. They'll activate the proper settings on your account so you can create multiple keyword pools within the same company.
For instructions on how to install dynamic number insertion, please refer to this help article.
Creating Multiple Keyword Pools
Repeat the instructions below for each keyword pool you'd like to create.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select + Add Phone Number.
- Select Yes, I'll use it online since this tracking pool is for a web campaign.
- Select, Yes, on my website since these numbers will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Yes, track each visitor since this pool targets each individual visitor's session on your website.
- Enter the name of your pool within Pool Name, and enter the Destination Number and the pool size that you prefer. The pool name is how your keyword pool will appear within your reports, and the destination number is where your calls should route.
Note: When creating a keyword tracking pool, the minimum requirement is 4 numbers. This is to reduce the likelihood of a visitor-to-call misattribution.
- Select the source(s) you'd like to track. A full explanation of these sources is available at the beginning of this article.
- Select the area code (local or toll-free) for the tracking numbers that will be created within your pool. Click Show Advanced Options to enter a different area code for your tracking numbers. You may enter an area code that is local to your destination number, or non-local if you prefer.
- Configure whisper message and call recording. When you are finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking numbers, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.