To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
To track visitors who land on a specific page of your website, create a tracking number to track a landing page URL. For example, if you'd like to only track visitors who land on your "Contact" page, you can configure a tracking number to track the "Contact" page's URL (i.e. http://example.com/contact).
Use this article to learn how to:
- Create a tracking number for a landing page URL
In order for your landing page tracking number to swap as expected, dynamic number insertion should be installed on your website.
If your website visitor navigates to the page you’re tracking first, then clicks to other pages on your website, your tracking number will continue to appear as long as the dynamic number insertion script is installed on all pages of your website.
Create a Landing Page URL Tracking Number
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select Create Phone Number.
- Select I’ll use it online since this number is tracking a specific web page.
- Select On my website since this tracking number will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Track a marketing campaign since this number targets visitors who match your campaign settings.
- Name your tracking number for your reports, and enter the forwarding number where your calls should route. Then, click Next: Tracking Options.
- Select Landing Page as the tracking source, and enter the page on your site you'd like to track. Then, click Next: Choose a Phone Number.
- Choose your tracking phone number from the list of available numbers. If you want your number to have a different area code, click Numbers in a specific country or area code and enter your preferred area code. Then, click Next: Number Features
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- If you're purchasing French or Australian tracking numbers, our carrier requires a local address on file. Enter the address of the business you're purchasing tracking numbers for. This address will need to be local to the tracking numbers you're creating. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.