To track visitors who land on a specific page of your website, create a tracking number to track a landing page URL. For example, if you'd like to only track visitors who land on your "Contact" page, you can configure a tracking number to track the "Contact" page's URL (i.e. http://example.com/contact).
To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
Create a Landing Page URL Tracking Number
- Click the Create (+) icon in the navigation bar on the left and select Phone Number.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?" Select I’ll use it online.
- Select On my website since this tracking number will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Choose Calls only since this number will track a specific landing page instead of keywords or web sessions.
- Set up your call routing by entering the telephone number where we should route your calls. This is typically your primary business number. If you're using Lead Center, you'll see a second option for Lead Center's softphone you can select instead to route calls to a Lead Center Agent or Team. Then, click Tracking Options to move to the next step.
- Select Landing Page as the tracking source, and enter the page on your site you'd like to track. Then, click Number Setup.
Note: The site you enter will be case-sensitive. Please enter it exactly as it would appear in your browser's URL bar.
- Name your tracking number for your reports and settings. Then, choose the call tracking phone number you'd like to purchase by picking from one of the three options for local and toll-free numbers. Once you've picked your number, click Number Features to move to the next step.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- If you're purchasing Australian tracking numbers, our carrier requires a local address on file. Enter the address of the business you're purchasing tracking numbers for. This address will need to be local to the tracking numbers you're creating. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.