To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
Keyword-level tracking allows you to correlate calls to visitors and track which keywords are driving phone calls. With keyword-level tracking, you'll see the full visitor path, before, during, and after the call.
Use this article to learn:
- How to create a keyword tracking pool
- The type of sources you can track using a single keyword pool
Here's a full list of the sources you'll be able to track using your keyword pool:
- All website visitors: track every visitor to your website, regardless of their referring source.
- AdWords: track visitors who came to your website from your AdWords campaigns.
- PPC Search: track visitors from your Google, Bing, and Yahoo ads.
- Landing Page: track visitors who land on a specific page on your website. You can enter a domain to track, like www.example.com/greatpage, to track a specific page on your website. You can also enter a specific parameter to track, like utm_campaign=ppc1, to get keyword data for specific campaigns.
- Referring Page: track visitors from a specific website, like yelp.com.
- All Except Direct: track all website visitors except for those who enter your website URL and navigate to your site directly.
- All Except Direct & Organic: track all website visitors except for those who find your website through organic search engine results or by typing in your website's URL and navigating to your site directly.
One keyword tracker is allowed per company. If you'd like to add more than one keyword tracker per company, please contact our support team here, as this is something we'll take care of on our end.
Here's a video tutorial that will guide you through creating a keyword tracker:
Create a Keyword Pool
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select + Add Phone Number.
- Select Yes, I'll use it online since this tracking pool is for a web campaign.
- Select, Yes, on my website since these numbers will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Yes, track each visitor since this pool targets each individual visitor's session on your website.
- Enter the name of your pool within Pool Name, and enter the Destination Number and the pool size that you prefer. The pool name is how your keyword pool will appear within your reports, and the destination number is where your calls should route.
Note: When creating a keyword tracking pool, the minimum requirement is 4 numbers. This is to reduce the likelihood of a visitor-to-call misattribution.
- Select the source(s) you'd like to track. A full explanation of these sources is available at the beginning of this article.
- Select the area code (local or toll-free) for the tracking numbers that will be created within your pool. Click Show Advanced Options to enter a different area code for your tracking numbers. You may enter an area code that is local to your destination number, or non-local if you prefer.
- Configure whisper message and call recording. When you are finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- If you're purchasing French, German, or Australian tracking numbers, our carrier requires a local address on file. Enter the address of the business you're purchasing tracking numbers for. This address will need to be local to the tracking numbers you're creating. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking numbers, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.
Implement Keyword Tracking
For instructions on how to install dynamic number insertion, please refer to this article on installing swap.js.
Note: If you are transitioning from source-level to keyword-level tracking, you should disable your online source tracking numbers to prevent them from interfering with your new keyword tracker. Here's a helpful guide that will walk you through this change.