To create new tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
CallRail's number creation wizard guides you through creating a tracking number for your campaigns. Each time you create a new number, you'll answer a few simple questions about your campaign. Then, you'll pick your tracking number and configure your whisper message and recording preferences. After you've completed these few steps, your tracking number will be active and can start taking calls immediately.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Create a new tracking number
For instructions on setting up a specific type tracking number, choose from one of the articles listed in this help section.
By default, you can create one keyword tracking pool per company. To create more than one keyword pool in a company, contact our support team first to update your account so you can create additional pools.
Create a New Number
Tracking numbers are company-dependent within your account. Use these instructions as a guide to creating a new tracking number for an online or offline campaign.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select Create Phone Number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?"
- Select I'll use it online to create a number for a web campaign.
- Select I'll use if offline to create a number for an offline campaign.
- Select Track visitor activity to set up a keyword-level tracking pool or online source tracking number.
- Select Track a marketing campaign to create an offline tracking number for static online campaigns (like AdWords call extensions and click-to-call ads).
Next, you will be taken through the final steps to activate a new tracking number.
- Enter your Number Name and Forwarding Number, then click Next: Tracking Options.
- The Number Name is the name of this tracking number for your reports.
- The Forwarding Number is the phone number that your incoming calls will be forwarded to (typically this is the primary business number).