To create new tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
CallRail's number creation wizard guides you through creating a tracking number for your campaigns. Each time you create a new number, you'll answer a few simple questions about your campaign. Then, you'll pick your tracking number and configure your whisper message and recording preferences. After you've completed these few steps, your tracking number will be active and can start taking calls immediately.
For instructions on setting up a specific type tracking number, choose from one of the articles listed in this help section.
Create a New Number
Tracking numbers are company-dependent within your account. Use these instructions as a guide to creating a new tracking number for an online or offline campaign.
- Select the add tracking + icon at the top, right of the page and select Add Number.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?"
- Select I'll use it online to create a number for a web campaign
- Select I'll use it offline to create a number for an offline campaign.
- Select Track visitor activity to set up a keyword-level tracking pool or online source tracking number.
- Select Track a marketing campaign to create an offline tracking number for static online campaigns (like Google Ads call extensions and click-to-call ads).
Next, you will be taken through the final steps to activate a new tracking number.
- Enter your Number Name and Forwarding Number, then click Next: Tracking Options.
- The Number Name is the name of this tracking number for your reports.
- The Forwarding Number is the phone number that your incoming calls will be forwarded to (typically this is the primary business number).