CallRail’s Form Tracking feature allows you to easily stay organized and on top of every form submitted to your website. Each time a customer fills out a form, we’ll capture the contents of that form and instantly alert you by phone call, text message, or email. This allows you to increase your lead conversion rate.
Form Tracking is a feature included in the base price of your account at no additional cost.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Track web forms on your site using CallRail.
- Configure your settings to exclude specific form fields from reports and notifications.
- Set specific business hours for when you’d like to receive alerts.
Form Tracking relies on CallRail’s dynamic number insertion script to report your data back to CallRail. Before getting started with Form Tracking, you’ll need to:
Set up Form Tracking
Each company in your account has its own setup for Form Tracking. Use these instructions for each company where you'd like to activate Form Tracking.
- Choose the company where you’d like to track forms.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select Form Tracking within the Tools list.
- Choose to capture forms on all pages, or choose to capture forms on only certain pages. For each page you’d like to track, click + Add Page.
- If there are certain fields in your form where you don’t want to collect information, you can add Ignored Fields to your settings. This will prevent these fields from showing in your CallRail reports and in any alert you receive. Click + Add Field, and enter the fields you'd like to exclude.
- Make changes according to the steps outlined in the remainder of this article, and click Activate at the bottom of the page when finished.
Form Tracking Alerts
You can choose to receive a call, text message, and email alerts when someone submits a form on your website. When you receive a phone call alert, CallRail reads the contents of the form to you, then give you the option to immediately call the customer back at the number they provided.
If you choose to call a customer back after listening to the message, this call will appear in your activity dashboard as an outbound call and will be billed accordingly.
- Under Phone & Text Notifications on the Form Tracking page, click the checkbox for phone call and/or text message alerts, and enter the telephone number where we can send an alert.
- When configuring a phone call alert, you can choose which telephone number a customer should see on their caller ID when you return their call.
- Select The same number as above to show your personal number to the customer.
- Select a Tracking Number that you’d like to show on the customer’s caller ID.
- Select a specific Outbound Caller ID that you’ve verified to show on the caller ID.
Set Your Business Hours
Add your company’s business hours to the Form Tracking page to set specific times when you’d like to receive phone call and text message alerts.
- Select the Any Day drop-down menu, and click the timeframe when you’d like to receive alerts.
- Select the All Day drop-down menu, and choose to receive alerts all day, or between specific hours.
- Click + Add Time to add additional days that you’d like to receive alerts if necessary.
Why aren’t my forms showing in CallRail?
What kind of telephone numbers can receive Form Tracking alerts?
CallRail is able to send your form submission alerts to standard North American local and toll-free numbers. CallRail is not able to send alerts to telephone numbers outside the United States and Canada.