CallRail allows your team to record outbound phone calls that are placed through your tracking phone numbers. Once this feature is enabled, you can replay recorded calls from your call log after a call has ended.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Turn on outbound call recording for your account
- Record outgoing calls using your tracking numbers
- Replay your outbound call recordings
Getting Started: Important Legal Notice
There are different laws that apply to call recording, so check your current state and federal laws before using this feature. Some states require both parties to consent to any recorded conversation, while other states require one party to consent to the recording.
In order to record outbound calls, an administrator will need to enable outbound call recording for your CallRail account.
Set up Outbound Call Recording
When an administrator turns on outbound call recording, it will turn this feature on for all companies within the account.
- Click the account drop-down at the top of the page, then click Manage Account.
- Select Details from the Manage section in the left menu.
- Click the checkbox to Allow my team to record outbound calls.
- Select Update Account to save your changes.
Record an Outbound Call
When placing an outbound call through one of your tracking numbers, you'll be able to select Record Call before beginning your call. You'll need to click Record Call for each outbound call that you would like to record. Once the call has ended, the call recording will be available in your call log.
Listen to Recorded Outbound Calls
CallRail provides two ways to listen to your recorded outbound phone calls:
- By navigating to your call log and clicking the play button next to each call.
- By navigating to the caller's timeline from the Activity page and playing the call through the built-in audio player:
- Click to access the caller's timeline.
- Click the playback button at the top of the page.
Does call recording cost extra?
Nope! Call recording is included within the base price of your account; there's no additional cost associated with using this feature.
How long are my recordings stored?
Call recordings are stored indefinitely.
Why are my recordings shorter than the length of the call?
Call recordings are typically shorter than the call duration because CallRail automatically trims off the silence at the beginning of the call, as well as the time that the caller spends on the phone while it is ringing.
Am I able to pause call recording in the middle of a call?
It’s not possible to pause call recording in the middle of a call; however, you are able to disable call recording on an existing tracking number to comply with legal or privacy needs.
Can I delete a call recording?
CallRail’s support team is able to delete recordings for you on the backend of your account. You can reach out to us with a list of the call URLs you’d like to be removed, and we’ll follow up once we’ve completed the task.
Can I download my recordings in bulk?
At this time, there’s not a way to bulk download recordings. If you’d like to download your recordings, you’ll navigate to the timeline for each call you’d like to download using the last set of instructions in this article.