For visitor tracking, a number will also be assigned to a user for up to one year; however, if the number is not available when the user visits the website (if say, the number has been replaced upon your request), then a visitor will be assigned a new tracking number in the website pool.
If you prefer to set a lower amount of time for the cookie duration, you're able to update this to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days.
If you’re using CallRail’s WordPress plugin, you’ll use these instructions as well. Your plugin will update automatically without you having to make any changes to your website.
Update Cookie Duration
We’ll remember your website visitors for the period of time you select. Each time a visitor returns to your site, we’ll extend this duration. Visitors who clear their cookies, return after the cookie expires, or use a different web browser will be treated as new visitors.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose the company where you'd like to change the cookie duration.
- Select All Integrations from the Integrations section in the left menu.
- Beneath your company's code snippet, click the link for Advanced Settings.
- Choose your preferred cookie duration from the drop-down.
- Click Save to update your settings.