The CallRail cookie used in dynamic number insertion is automatically configured to last up to 1 year (or until the visitor clears their cookies).
For keyword-level tracking, a number will also be assigned to a user for up to one year; however, if the number is not available when the user visits the website (if say, the number has been replaced upon your request), then a visitor will be assigned a new tracking number in the keyword pool.
If you prefer to set a lower amount of time for the cookie duration, you're able to update this to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Set a custom cookie duration
Each company in your account has its own settings for dynamic number insertion. Follow the instructions below for each company whose cookie duration you'd like to update.
If you’re using CallRail’s WordPress plugin, you’ll use these instructions as well. Your plugin will update your settings automatically without you having to make any changes to your website.
Update Cookie Duration
We’ll remember your website visitors for the period of time you select. Each time a visitor returns to your site, we’ll extend this duration. Visitors who clear their cookies, return after the cookie expires, or use a different web browser will be treated as new visitors.
- Choose the company whose cookie duration you’d like to update.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select the Integrations tab, then click Dynamic Number Insertion.
- Click Advanced Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Select your preferred cookie duration from the Cookie Duration drop-down menu.
- Click Save to update your settings.