The Missed Calls report provides a breakdown of the missed and answered calls received by your tracking numbers. Four different charts display in this report, so you can see your missed calls by day, by hour, by week, and overall within a certain date range. You can use this report to understand your peak call times and to ensure calls are being answered accordingly.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Access your Missed Calls report
- Filter and sort your reporting data
- Export and print your Missed Calls report
CallRail defines a missed call as any unanswered calls or calls received by a voicemail step in the Call Flow Builder.
A call answered by a phone system outside of CallRail (whether by a person, voicemail, or automated system) is considered an answered call.
This report is available at the company-level within your account.
Missed Calls Overview
Use these instructions to access your Missed Calls report for a specific company.
- Choose the company whose Missed Calls report you'd like to view.
- Select Reports from the top of the page.
- Select Acquisition from the secondary menu, then click Missed Calls.
- View and interact with your Missed Calls report. Select or deselect Repeat Calls and First Time Callers to adjust your graph and focus on only a certain kind of caller. Or, hover over your bar graphs to see a breakdown of repeat callers vs. first-time callers.
- The columns below the graphs illustrate how many calls were missed each hour of the day during the date range selected at the top of the page.
Filtering Report Data
You can apply filters to your reporting data to find callers that fit specific criteria.
- Select All Filters from the top of the page.
- Select your filters to sort your data, or choose one of your saved filters by clicking the folder icon.
- Filter by Date Range to see calls within a specific set of dates.
- Filter by Agent to see calls placed and received by a specific Agent.
- Filter by Number to see calls placed or received by a specific tracking number.
- Filter by Source to find calls with specific referring data. Type in the source you'd like to see to find calls in this filter set (ie. "Direct" or "Google Paid").
- Filter by Lead Status to see calls that were marked as leads.
- Filter by Tag to see calls that have been assigned a specific call tag.
- Filter by Direction to see inbound or outbound calls.
- Filter by Answer Status to find calls that were answered, missed, or reached a voicemail.
- Filter by Duration to see calls that lasted longer than a certain number of minutes or seconds.
- Filter by Device Type to see callers who accessed your website using their desktop or mobile device.
- Filter by Keyword to search for the keywords you're bidding on that brought calls into your business.
- Filter by Campaign to search for a specific campaign that brought calls into your business.
- Filter by Landing to search for a specific landing page on your site, and to find the calls that came from that page.
- Filter by Referrer to search for a specific third-party search engine or website that brought calls into your business.
Export and Print Report
You can print your Missed Calls report, or export the data from the report to a CSV file.
- Select Export from beneath the graphs.
- Choose CSV to download a CSV file of your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.