To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
Facebook allows you to add a “Call Now” button to your mobile newsfeed ads. Business advertisers can add this button during the ad creation process so that when mobile users tap the button, their phone initiates a call to the business.
If you'd like to track calls from the "Call Now" button, we recommend creating an offline tracking number in your CallRail account, and manually inserting this phone number into your Facebook campaign.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Create an offline tracking number to use in your Facebook Call Now button
- Add your tracking number to your Facebook call extension
If you'd like to track Facebook visitors that navigate to your website, we recommend create a tracking number to track landing parameters using this help article instead:
Create an Offline Tracking Number
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select Create Phone Number.
- Select I’ll use it offline since you'll be manually placing it in an extension.
- Name your tracking number for your reports, and enter the forwarding number where your calls should route. Then, click Next: Select a Phone Number.
- Choose your tracking phone number from the list of available numbers. If you want your number to have a different area code, click Numbers in a specific country or area code and enter your preferred area code. Then, click Next: Other Options.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- If you're purchasing French or Australian tracking numbers, our carrier requires a local address on file. Enter the address of the business you're purchasing tracking numbers for. This address will need to be local to the tracking numbers you're creating. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.
Adding Your Tracking Number to Facebook
Once your tracking number is active, use these instructions to add it to your Facebook "Call Now" extension.
- Once you're logged into your Facebook account, select the down arrow in the top right menu, and select Create Ads.
- Choose Local awareness as your marketing objective.
- Select the business you wish to promote.
- Scroll down and select Call Now as the Call to Action.
- Insert the phone number you created within CallRail to the phone number field in Facebook. Once your ad has been updated, mobile Facebook users will be able to click your ad and directly call your business.