Facebook allows you to add a “Call Now” button to your mobile newsfeed ads. Business advertisers can add this button during the ad creation process so that when mobile users tap the button, their phone initiates a call to the business.
If you'd like to track calls from the "Call Now" button, we recommend creating an offline tracking number in your CallRail account, and manually inserting this phone number into your Facebook campaign.
To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
If you'd like to track Facebook visitors that navigate to your website, we recommend create a tracking number to track landing parameters using this help article instead:
Create an Offline Tracking Number
- Click the Create (+) icon in the navigation bar on the left and select Phone Number.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?" Select I’ll use it offline.
- Set up your call routing by entering the telephone number where we should route your calls. This is typically your primary business number. If you're using Lead Center, you'll see a second option for Lead Center's softphone you can select instead to route calls to a Lead Center Agent or Team. Then, click Number Setup to move to the next step.
- Name your tracking number for your reports and settings. Then, choose the call tracking phone number you'd like to purchase by picking from one of the three options for local and toll-free numbers. Once you've picked your number, click Number Features to move to the next step.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- To purchase an Australian or UK tracking number, please provide an address to associate with the tracking number. This does not have to be a local address, and can be your business's main address.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking number, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.
Adding Your Tracking Number to Facebook
Once your tracking number is active, use these instructions to add it to your Facebook "Call Now" extension.
- Once you're logged into your Facebook account, select the down arrow in the upper-right menu, and select Create Ads.
- Choose Local awareness as your marketing objective.
- Select the business you wish to promote.
- Scroll down and select Call Now as the Call to Action.
- Insert the phone number you created within CallRail to the phone number field in Facebook. Once your ad has been updated, mobile Facebook users will be able to click your ad and directly call your business.