Create notifications for incoming calls and text messages to your tracking numbers. You can customize your notifications to receive alerts about specific interactions with calls, like missed calls, voicemails, first-time callers, or calls matching a specific tag. You can also choose the alert type, including email notifications, live desktop notifications, or mobile notifications.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Configure email, desktop, and mobile notifications for your login
- Update notifications for users on your account
Administrators and managers can create and edit notifications in any company they’re assigned to using the second set of instructions below. If you’re not an administrator, or if you’d just like to update your personal notifications, use the first set of instructions in this help article.
In order to receive mobile notifications, you’ll need to have CallRail’s app installed on your mobile device or tablet. These mobile notifications won’t appear on your device unless the CallRail app is installed.
Set up Your Notifications
Use these instructions to create or update the notification settings for the login email address you use. You can add as many custom alerts as you’d like for your username.
- Click the account drop-down at the top of the page, then click View Profile.
- Select Alerts & Summaries from the My Notifications section in the left menu.
- Under the Call and Text Notifications section, click + Add Notification. To edit an existing notification, click the pencil icon on the righthand side of the page.
- Configure your notification preferences.
- Select a Company to create a notification to receive alerts for a specific company in your account.
- Select a Number to pick a tracking number you'd like to receive alerts for.
- Select an Interaction to choose the type of call you'd like an alert for, including alerts for text messages to your tracking numbers.
- Select the Alert Type, including Email, Desktop, or Mobile notifications.
- Choose whether to Filter by CallScore if you have the feature enabled in your account.
- Click Create to activate your new notification or Update if you’re editing your notification.
Set up Notifications for Other Users
If you’re an administrator, you can create and edit any user’s notifications on your account. Client Manager users are able to create and edit a user’s notifications in any company they’re assigned to.
- Click the account drop-down at the top of the page, then click Manage Account.
- Select your Users from the left menu.
- Find the user you'd like to create a notification for. Click the Gear icon, and then click Notifications.
- Select + Add Notification to create a new notification or edit an existing notification by clicking the pencil icon on the righthand side of the page.
- Choose the user whose notification you're editing or creating, and configure their notification preferences.
- Click Create to activate their new notification, or Update if you’re editing a notification.
Call Notification Sample
Below is a sample of a typical call notification email you'd receive when a tracking number is called: