CallRail's Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call integration allows you to track keywords associated with your customer's mobile searches and view calls as conversions in Google Ads. By matching your calls with your clicks, CallRail reports the keywords associated with calls to your call-only ads, as well as your mobile campaigns that have mobile-only call extensions.
You'll also need a tracking number set up specifically for use with Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call. You'll place this click-to-call tracking number into the call-only ads in your Google Ads campaigns, or in a mobile campaign with mobile-only call extensions. Make sure to set up your tracking number before following the instructions in this article.
To avoid duplicate conversion reporting, turn off call reporting in your Google Ads account.
Integrating with Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call
This integration is company-dependent within your account. Use these instructions for each company where you'd like to activate the Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call integration.
- Sign in to CallRail and click the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Choose the company you’d like to integrate with Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call from the company dropdown menu.
- Scroll down and choose the Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call tile from the list of integrations.
- Click Authorize.
- Choose the Google account you'd like to associate with this integration and click Allow to authorize CallRail's access.
- Select the Google Ads account you'd like to use for this integration from the dropdown menu.
- Click the checkbox for "I'd like to receive conversions for mobile calls." This allows us to send call conversions to Google Ads for your mobile click-to-call tracking number.
- Click Activate. This creates conversions in Google Ads and allows CallRail to report your new Mobile Click-to-Call calls as conversions.
- Read this help article for more information on finding your call and form conversions in Google Ads: Viewing Call Conversions in Google Ads
Adding Your Tracking Number to Google Ads
Once you've authorized your integration, add your mobile click-to-call tracking number to your campaigns in Google Ads. This integration will only capture keyword data for tracking numbers that have been placed within call-only ads or a mobile campaign with mobile-only call extensions.
- Once you're logged into Google Ads, select Ads & extensions in the left menu.
- Click the Extensions tab near the top of the page.
- Add or edit your mobile campaigns to include the new Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call tracking number.
Use Google's instructions to learn how to create a call extension in Google Ads.
- If editing, replace the phone number currently in the call extension with the CallRail number you just created. Then, click Save.
Your Click-to-Call Data
Once your integration is active and you've received calls to your mobile click-to-call tracking number, your keyword data will appear in your call log and in your caller's timeline.
- Choose the company whose mobile click-to-call data you'd like to review.
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- The Keywords column displays the keywords each caller used to find your mobile ad.
- To see additional information about a specific caller, click to open their Timeline.
- The keywords the caller used are available in the Caller box next to Initial Source.
Disabling Your Integration
Disabling a company's Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call integration will prevent keywords from reporting in your call log, but won't disable your click-to-call tracking number. We'll keep your integration credentials saved in case you'd like to re-activate your integration in the future.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose the company where you'd like to disable the integration from the company dropdown menu.
- Select All Integrations from the Integrations menu on the left.
- Choose Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call from the list of integrations.
- Select Disable Integration on the right side of the page.
- Click Disable to turn off your integration.
Unlinking CallRail from Google Ads
If you'd like to remove CallRail's access from your Ads account, you can do so in your Google security settings.
Use this CallRail's help article to see how to unlink CallRail from Google Ads.
Will my Google Ads Click-to-Call tracking number report calls as conversions in Google Ads?
Yes. Our Mobile Click-to-Call integration reports calls received by your mobile click-to-call tracking number as conversions.
Learn more about using CallRail to track call conversions in Google Ads
What happens if I disable my Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call integration?
If you disable your integration, your mobile click-to-call tracking number(s) will remain active, and will still report calls in your call log; however, those calls won't report the keywords associated with the click. Disabling the integration simply prevents keywords from reporting to CallRail, and won't disable your tracking numbers or interrupt your call routing.
Use this help article to see how to disable a tracking number
Can I edit the conversion that CallRail creates when I activate my integration?
Changing the name of the conversion ("Phone Call") will prevent CallRail from sending your conversion data to Google Ads; however, you can edit the other conversion fields if you'd like.
Can I set up custom integration triggers for Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call tracking numbers?
Yes, but make sure your Google Ads integration is also active.
Ex: You can set up an integration trigger to only send Mobile CTC calls that are > 5 minutes long to Google Ads. However, if all calls so far are 2 minutes long, then none of the calls will report as conversions.
Learn about integration triggers
I don't think my Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call integration is working.
If there's an issue with your integration, refer to our troubleshooting help article for solutions to common integration errors.