When creating a keyword tracking pool, you can choose to create anywhere between 4 and 50 numbers for your pool. If you've already created your pool, you may need to adjust how many numbers are in your pool after viewing your Number Assignment table.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Increase the size of your keyword pool
- Decrease the size of your keyword pool
The size of your number pool determines how many concurrent visitors we can track on your website at any given time. Your pool size should be a quarter of the peak hourly traffic reported in Google Analytics, with a minimum of 4 numbers.
To add more than 50 numbers to your pool, please reach out to our support team, as this is something we take care of on our end.
Increase Keyword Pool Size
To increase the amount of numbers within your pool, follow the instructions below.
- Choose the company whose keyword tracking pool you'd like to increase.
- Select Tracking at the top of the page.
- Click the Pencil icon at the right end of the keyword pool's row to access its configuration.
- On the configuration page, click the Pencil icon in the upper-right of the Number Pool Options menu.
- Select the drop-down menu under Pool Size and indicate the amount of numbers that should exist within your pool.
- Click Save at the bottom of the section.
Decrease Pool Size
To decrease the quantity of numbers within your pool, please reach out to our support team, as this is something we take care of on our end.
CallRail has a minimum requirement of 4 numbers within a keyword tracking pool to reduce the likelihood of a visitor-to-call misattribution. In this case, the caller's session and visitor timeline may not display accurate information since there were two or more visitors viewing the same tracking number at the same time.
For example, if you listen to a call recording and find that the keyword data for the call does not match the caller's conversation, this could potentially indicate a misattribution. To see how often your keyword pool is assigning numbers, you can always check your number allocation table.
When decreasing a keyword pool, CallRail will remove the numbers from your keyword pool at random. If there is a specific number from your pool that needs to be retained, please let our support team know in your request so they may permanently transfer that number out of your pool. Once a number is transferred out of your keyword pool, it will remain in your account as a source tracking number.