CallRail's Softphone feature is an in-browser phone system available within Lead Center. Using Softphone, you can answer and place calls directly from your browser without having to pick up a phone. Softphone also allows you to interact with your calls in real-time, so you can score calls as leads, apply call tags, and add notes about your conversations as they take place.
Before you can use the Softphone, you'll need to ensure you've added Lead Center to your account. Lead Center is an add-on for the Calls & Texts Essentials plan and higher, and is available for $10 per company each month. Use these instructions to activate Lead Center:
Activating Lead Center
Allow Access to Your Microphone
Softphone is only available for use in a Google Chrome browser. Any user that would like to use Softphone will need to allow CallRail to access their microphone on each Chrome browser they use.
If you're a new user logging into your account for the first time, click Enable Softphone Audio in the blue bar at the top of the page. This button will be available once you log into your CallRail account.
A pop-up will appear on your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
If you're a current user using Softphone for the first time, click Lead Center. A popup will appear at the top of your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
Enable Desktop Notifications
Once the agent is placed in the call flow, you will need to set up a live desktop notification. Live desktop notification is a small notification in the top-right corner of your screen when your account receives a phone call. This works even when CallRail is minimized or open in a different tab.
Desktop notifications are only supported by modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. You can view the versions of the browsers that support this feature here. All supported versions are highlighted in green on this page.
- Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Notifications.
- Select Calls & Texts from the Notifications section in the left menu.
- Click Create Notification.
- Choose the company we should include in your desktop notification, the user who should receive this notification, and whether you'd like to be notified of inbound calls and/or text messages. If you've chosen a specific company, you'll also have the option to choose a specific tracking number. Only administrators and managers on your account will be able to choose a different user than themselves on this step. Reporting users can only create notifications for their own login. Click Customize when you're ready to move to the next step.
- Add filters to your notifications to get details about specific types of calls you receive. You can also set an optional filter to only receive notifications for customers who have a certain Qualified Status. Click Delivery when you're ready to move onto the final step.
- Select Desktop Push Notification and click Save when finished.