Call monitoring allows you to listen to an active call within Lead Center. As you monitor live calls, you'll remain muted; however, you can add notes and tags, and score the call, while monitoring it.
Call monitoring is only available for use with a Google Chrome browser. There are two steps you'll take to activate call monitoring:
- Turn on call monitoring for yourself or other users in your account.
- Grant CallRail permission to access your computer's microphone.
Set up Call Monitoring
If you're an administrator on your account, you can turn on call monitoring capabilities for yourself and any other user by navigating to the user configuration page. Repeat these steps for each user you'd like to monitor calls.
- Select the Account icon in the top left and click Account Settings.
- Select All Users in the menu on the left.
- Find the user whose permissions you'd like to edit and click the Edit (pencil) icon.
- In the "Softphone" section, click the checkbox to allow the Ability to monitor any call using the softphone.
- Click Save User to save your changes.
Grant Access to Your Microphone
Granting CallRail permission to use your microphone is dependent upon whether you're a new CallRail user, or a current user accessing Lead Center for the first time.
If you're a new user logging into your account for the first time, click Enable Softphone Audio in the blue bar at the top of the page. This button will be available once you log into your CallRail account. A pop-up will appear on your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
If you're a current user using call monitoring for the first time, click Lead Center. A popup will appear at the top of your browser. Click Allow to let CallRail access your microphone.
Monitor an Active Call
- Once you've approved CallRail to use your microphone, click the Lead Center icon in the left navigation.
- Find the Active Call you'd like to monitor and click Monitor this call.
- You'll remain muted when you monitor a call. While the call is taking place, you can classify the call as a lead or add tags to the call as you monitor it. You're also able to add notes to the call.
Note: If you and an agent taking the call are both adding notes at the same time, the most recent note added to the call will overwrite the earlier note.
- Click Leave to stop monitoring the call and return to Lead Center.