By default, when you receive an incoming call on a tracking number, CallRail displays the caller's number on your caller ID. Companies with multiple tracking numbers may prefer to see a specific tracking number on their caller ID so that they know when a call is coming in through a tracking number.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Change the caller ID settings for your incoming calls
- Show the tracking number receiving the call on your caller ID
- Show a specific tracking number on your caller ID
If you'd like to change your incoming caller ID settings, you'll do so for each tracking number you'd like to update. Since tracking numbers are company-dependent, you'll be able to choose any tracking number from the same company to use as your incoming caller ID.
Choosing an Incoming Caller ID
Follow these instructions for each tracking number whose caller ID settings you'd like to change.
- Choose the company whose tracking number you'd like to update.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Find the tracking number you'd like to update and click the Edit icon.
- Under 5. Other Options, update your Caller ID settings.
- Select Show the caller's number on my caller ID to see your caller's telephone number as the caller ID
- Select Show the tracking number on my caller ID to see this tracking number display as the caller ID when you receive a call
- Select Show a specific tracking number on my caller ID to choose another tracking number from this company to use as the caller ID for all incoming calls. You'll pick this tracking number from the drop-down menu.