By default, when you receive an incoming call on a tracking number, CallRail displays the caller's number on your caller ID. Companies with multiple tracking numbers may prefer to see a specific tracking number on their caller ID so that they know when a call is coming in through a tracking number.
If you'd like to change your incoming caller ID settings, you'll do so for each tracking number you'd like to update. Since tracking numbers are company-dependent, you'll be able to choose any tracking number from the same company to use as your incoming caller ID.
Choosing an Incoming Caller ID
Follow these instructions for each tracking number whose caller ID settings you'd like to change.
- Choose the company whose tracking number you'd like to update.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit (pencil icon) for the number whose incoming caller ID you'd like to change.
- On the configuration page, click the Pencil icon in the upper-right of the Advanced Options menu.
- Under Caller ID Options, use the drop-down menu to update your settings.
- Select Caller's number to see your caller's telephone number as the caller ID.
- Select Tracking number to see this tracking number display as the caller ID when you receive a call.
- Select CallRail's universal number, which is 810-888-9999. This number is easily recognizable when it appears on your Caller ID.
- Select Specific number to choose another tracking number from this company to use as the caller ID for all incoming calls. You'll pick this tracking number from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save at the bottom of the section when finished.
Edit Caller ID for Multiple Tracking Numbers
The Bulk Edit options in CallRail allow account administrators to edit Caller ID settings for multiple tracking numbers at the same time. We'll send you a confirmation email once all of your numbers have been updated.
- Click the account drop-down at the top of the page, then click Manage Account.
- Select your Active Numbers from the Numbers list in the left menu.
- Select the numbers you'd like to bulk edit.
- Click the Bulk Actions button at the top right of the page.
- Select Caller ID, then click Next.
- Choose a Caller ID preference for all of your selected numbers, and click Save Changes when finished.
- Select Show the caller's number on my caller ID to see your caller's telephone number as the caller ID.
- Select Show the tracking number on my caller ID to see this tracking number display as the caller ID when you receive a call.
- Select Show a specific tracking number on my caller ID to choose another tracking number from this company to use as the caller ID for all incoming calls. This option is only available if all of your selected numbers belong to the same company.