To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
You can create a Google AdWords Mobile Click-to-Call tracking number and use it in your mobile ad extension to track your caller's keywords. Once you create your tracking number, you'll select it from the AdWords Mobile Click-to-Call integration so your keywords can display in CallRail. With your calls matching up with your clicks, CallRail will report which keywords are associated with your mobile ad campaigns.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Create a tracking number for your AdWords Mobile Click-to-Call integration
- Complete the setup of your integration
Once you create your mobile click-to-call tracking number, use the article below to set up your integration. Your integration must be active in order for keywords to report for your mobile click-to-call tracking number.
Create an AdWords Mobile Click-to-Call Number
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- Click Numbers at the top of the page.
- Select + Add Phone Number.
- Select Yes, I’ll use it online since this tracking number is for a web campaign.
- Select No, somewhere else since this number will display in an ad and not your website.
- Select Yes, in an ad extension to use this number in your AdWords call extension.
- Select Yes, only in mobile ads since this number will be used in a mobile campaign.
- Name your tracking number for your reports, and enter the destination number where your calls should route. Then, click Next: Select a Phone Number
- Choose your tracking phone number from the list of available numbers. If you want your number to have a different area code, click Change Area Code and enter your preferred area code. Then, click Next: Other Options.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording to your personal preferences. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- If you're purchasing French, German, or Australian tracking numbers, our carrier requires a local address on file. Enter the address of the business you're purchasing tracking numbers for. This address will need to be local to the tracking numbers you're creating. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've activated your tracking number, continue the setup of your integration by choosing Enable AdWords Mobile Click-to-Call Integration and follow the instructions outlined in this help article.