Use templates in the Call Flow Builder to quickly create custom routing for your tracking numbers based on the most commonly utilized call flows. Templates can be used in conjunction with the duplicate existing call flow feature to drastically reduce time spent manually creating custom routing for multiple tracking numbers within a company.
Admins and managers are able to create call flows for any company they have access to.
Call flow templates are not restrictive. When you select a call flow template, you can customize each step in the template, insert additional steps, or delete steps to further customize the call flow template as needed.
Once your call flow is assigned to your tracking numbers, we recommend placing a few test calls from a number that's not within your call flow to ensure your calls route as expected.
Create a Templated Call Flow
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a templated call flow in the company of your choice.
- Choose the company where you’d like to create a call flow.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Select Call Flows under Calls & Texts in the menu on the left.
- Create a new call flow by clicking Create New Call Flow. You can also click the Pencil icon at the right end of an existing call flow's row to edit it.
- For a new call flow, select a template from the options on the template menu, then click Configure Call Flow at the bottom-right of the menu. Once you select a template, you can still insert additional steps to customize the call flow as needed.
6. Name your call flow at the top of the page. The default name will be the template you selected. We recommend naming your call flow so you can easily identify it later.
7. Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
8. Choose an option on the Select Country drop-down menu if your call flow is outside of the US & Canada.
9. Based on the call flow template you selected, enter the fields for each step in your call flow. (In this example, the Greeting > Menu > Dial template has been chosen).
Customize Your Templated Call Flow
Customize your call flow using the pre-populated steps or adding additional steps as needed. Some steps will have default text created for you in the step (such as the Greeting step). You can add or subtract as much text as you’d like to customize your call flow.
- To add a step to your template, click + Insert step here below or in between any existing steps.
- To remove a step from your template, click the X in the upper-right of that module and a confirmation message will appear.
You can delete the selected step or delete the selected step plus the additional steps following it. You can also insert a step back into your call flow if you change your mind.
- When you’ve completed your call flow, click Save at the top of the page.
Assigning Your Call Flow
Once you’ve created your call flow, you’ll assign it to your tracking numbers. Since your call flows can be shared, you’re able to assign a single call flow to multiple tracking numbers within the same company in your account. When you assign a call flow to a tracking number, your call routing updates immediately.
Call Flows can only route to a destination number in the country selected at the top of the call flow, or a US/Canada number.
- Choose the company whose call flow you’d like to assign to a tracking number.
- Click Tracking at the top of the page.
- Under the Destination column, use the drop-down menu to select a call flow to assign to a tracking number.
- Click Save and update call flow on the prompt.
How do I duplicate a templated call flow?
Use the same steps above to create a new call flow, then select Duplicate Existing Call Flow. Select an existing call flow from the drop-down menu.
You can copy just the steps but not the content of the steps or you can choose to copy all of the steps and the full contents of the call flow including agents, recordings, and destinations.
How long will the phone ring between call flow steps?
The default ring time for each call flow step is 20 seconds. You can customize the amount of time the phone will ring for each step in the call flow at the bottom of that step. You'll be able to select between 5-60 seconds for each call flow step.