DoubleClick Campaign Manager is a premium integration available to customers on the Pro or Elite pricing plan. Learn about the benefits and how to upgrade your account in this article.
DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) is a third-party ad server that allows you to create and place ads across the web, create floodlight tags, and view consolidated campaign insights from all your DoubleClick platforms. When you integrate CallRail with your existing DoubleClick Campaign Manager account, you can view your call conversion data alongside your click-through conversions in DCM. Use this data to infuse your Floodlight reporting with a custom “call_id” dimension.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Pre-configure your DCM account
- Set up your integration with DCM
- Authorize your integration with DCM
- Disable your integration with DCM
If your account is white labeled, only administrators will be able to activate this integration.
Pre-Configure Your DCM Account
Before integrating with CallRail, you’ll need to select or create a floodlight activity to associate with phone call conversions, create a “call_id” custom variable in your DCM account, and then add parameters to your campaign. Use the following steps to pre-configure your DCM account for CallRail integration.
- Navigate to your DCM Advertisers page.
- Select or create an Advertiser you’d like to integrate with CallRail
- Click the Floodlight activities tab.
- Select or create a floodlight activity you want to associate phone call conversions. We recommend creating a separate floodlight activity for CallRail call conversion data, for example, “CallRail Call Activity.”
- Click the Floodlight configuration tab.
- Scroll down and click the Custom Floodlight variables dropdown. Add a Variable with “call_id” as the Friendly name then click Save at the top of the page.
- Navigate to the DCM Campaigns page.
- Select the ad that will lead to your floodlight.
- Click the Landing page URL suffix dropdown, then copy and paste “&dcid=%m&rand=%n” into the URL suffix field.
- Add the following query parameters underneath URL suffix:
- Select “&” and enter “dcid” for the Delimiter Key. Set it equal “%m”. Select “Match code macro (%m)”
- Select “&” and enter “rand” for the Delimiter Key. Set it equal to “%n”. Select “Random number macro (%n)”
Use the screenshot below as a reference for how you should set the query parameters.
11. Click Save at the top of the page.
Set Up Your Integration with DCM Account
After you’ve pre-configured your DCM account, navigate back to the DCM Integration page in CallRail.
1. Choose the company you'd like to integrate with DCM.
2. Click Settings at the top of the page.
3. Locate DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and click Activate.
4. Enter the following account information on the Integration page from your DCM account.
5. Click Authorize at the bottom of the page to connect your CallRail and DCM platforms.
Authorize Your Integration with DCM
In order for CallRail to report call conversions to your DCM account, you will need to allow CallRail to view and manage information across your DoubleClick platforms.
1. Click Allow to authorize your CallRail integration with DCM.
2. Once you’ve authorized your integration, your DCM account information will display on the CallRail Integration page. To change the settings of your integration, disable the integration and re-authorize your integration with updated information.
Disable Your DCM Integration
Disabling a company's DCM integration will prevent your call data from reporting to your DoubleClick account. We'll keep your integration credentials saved in case you'd like to re-activate your integration in the future.
1. Choose the company you'd like to disable DCM.
2. Click Settings at the top of the page.
3. Locate your DoubleClick Campaign Manager from the list of integrations and click Configure.
4. Select Disable Integration on the right side of the page.
Pull Call Conversion Reporting in DCM
After setting up your integration, you can pull call dimension reporting in your DoubleClick Campaign Manager platform using the following instructions.
- Click the app switcher icon at the top of your DCM dashboard.
- Choose Reporting & Attribution in the drop-down.
- Select Report Builder on the top menu.
- Click the New Report button on the left menu and select Floodlight > Basic.
- Title your report at the top of the page.
- Select a date range for your report.
- Choose a file type for your report.
- Select a Floodlight Configuration that contains the call_id custom variable. You can select multiple floodlight configurations if needed.
- Add an Activities from the drop-down that is associated with your custom call Variable with “call_id” as the Friendly name (that you created in set up). You can select multiple activities if needed.
- Click + add / remove under Dimensions.
- Scroll to Custom Floodlight Variables and select your call_id Floodlight Variable.
- Add other reporting Metrics and Dimensions to this report as needed.
Read this DCM help article for more information on reporting Metrics and Dimensions.
- Create a schedule to automatically generate this report on a regular basis or skip this step to generate a one time report.
- Click Run Now to generate the report.
Does this integration work with DoubleClick for Search (DS)?
This integration is specific to DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) and cannot push call data into DoubleClick for Search (DS) since it's a separate platform. However, there is a way to use our call log report to pull call data with “click ID” (GCLID) parameters from DS.
Use these instructions to learn how to export your call log data.
Use these instructions to set up an automatic company summary email with your call log report.