CallRail’s legacy integration with HubSpot allows you to view calls and texts as form submissions in your HubSpot lead activity timeline.
As of May 2018, we have an updated HubSpot integration available. If your HubSpot integration was set up prior to May 2018, it’s likely configured as the HubSpot Legacy integration outlined in this article.
CallRail’s updated HubSpot integration sends phone calls and text messages to your tracking numbers directly to HubSpot as a call activity, instead of sending calls as form submissions
Switch to the Current HubSpot Integration
In order to update your account, contact our Support team and let them know you’d like to upgrade to the most current HubSpot integration.
On September 19, 2018, CallRail will transition all of our HubSpot users to the new integration. If you're using HubSpot workflows, make sure to clone and update your workflow triggers before this date to prevent any disruption of your workflows.
Update Workflows for Current HubSpot Integration
If you’re using HubSpot workflows, you’ll need to change your workflows to trigger based on Phone Call Events instead of Custom Events to properly migrate your account from the Legacy HubSpot to the new HubSpot integration. Use these steps to update your HubSpot workflows before activating the new integration to prevent any disruption to your workflows.
- Under Automation, select Workflows.
- Press Clone to copy your existing workflow.
- Create a new name for your cloned workflow.
- On your cloned workflows, select Edit Enrollment Triggers.
- Delete the trigger criteria “Contact has filled out a Phone Call.”
- To create your new enrollment trigger, select Activity under Trigger criteria.
- Select Activity Type as the property.
- Then select Call from the drop-down.
- When you're finished, your enrollment trigger should look like this. Select Done to save.
Once all of your workflows have been cloned and edited to replace form submission trigger with the activity call criteria, you can activate new HubSpot integration in your CallRail account.
Disabling Your HubSpot Legacy Integration
Disabling a company's HubSpot integration will prevent CallRail from sending campaign data to your HubSpot account. We'll keep your HubSpot credentials saved in case you'd like to re-activate your integration in the future.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose the company whose integration you'd like to disable.
- Select All Integrations from the Integrations menu on the left.
- Choose HubSpot from the list of integrations.
- Select Disable Integration on the right side of the page.
- Click Disable to turn off your HubSpot integration.