AMP web pages create a faster mobile experience for customers using quick-loading websites. Integrate call tracking onto your AMP pages to see which marketing sources drive calls to your AMP websites for better marketing attribution. When a customer visits your AMP web page, we'll swap in a call tracking number from your keyword pool and you'll receive session-level attribution data for each caller.
In order to install call tracking onto your AMP web pages, you'll need a keyword tracking pool in your account that is set to track "all visitors."
Check Your Keyword Pool Settings
In order to track calls on AMP pages, your keyword tracking pool must be set to track "all visitors." Follow these instructions to check the set up of an existing keyword pool.
- Choose the company you'd like to use for call tracking on AMP.
- Click the Tracking icon at the top of the page.
- Locate the keyword pool you'd like to use. If the Source column shows "All" then your keyword pool is correctly set up.
- If it does not show "All" then click the keyword pool name to edit that pool. Select Track all visitors to set your keyword pool to swap for all. This means that you'll receive attribution data for all visitors to your website, regardless of their source.
Install Call Tracking on an AMP Web Page
Follow these steps for each AMP web page where you'd like to install call tracking.
- Select the company you're integrating with AMP.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Navigate to All Integrations in the left-hand menu.
- Find and select the AMP integration tile.
- Copy and paste the AMP swap code into the source code header of your AMP webpage.
- Select the swap target that appears on your AMP web page. You can only select swap targets associated with a keyword pool. If the swap target on your AMP page is not shown in the dropdown, use this help article to create multiple swap targets for your keyword pool.
- After you select your swap target, we'll generate custom code to swap your phone number with a tracking number. In the HTML of your AMP web page, replace every instance of your swap target phone number on your AMP page with your unique custom code.
- If you have multiple swap targets on an AMP web page, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Repeat this process for every AMP web page you'd like to integrate with call tracking.
Why isn’t my telephone number swapping?
Have you cleared your cookies, or tried accessing the website in a private browsing session? The most important part of testing dynamic number insertion is to simulate the experience of a first-time visitor before testing. Otherwise, the swap code will detect you as a visitor to the website from a previous session.