Add call tracking to your Wix website to find out which marketing sources drive calls and texts to your business. When a customer navigates to your website, we'll swap in the tracking phone number associated with the marketing source they came from.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Integrate CallRail with Wix
The Wix integration with CallRail is only available for Wix Premium plans.
You can track calls on your Wix website using source tracking numbers or a keyword pool to include session-level data.
Read more about the differences between source and keyword-level call tracking.
There are a few important details you’ll need to know before you get started with dynamic number insertion:
- The Wix app automatically installs CallRail’s swap.js code on every page of your Wix website for you in order to swap call tracking numbers onto your Wix pages.
- Dynamic number insertion detects multiple number formats, including: 111-222-3333, 111.222.3333, and (111) 222-3333.
- Special steps are necessary to swap phone numbers in images.
Learn more about image swapping with this help article.
Note: Our Wix integration cannot track form submissions.
Integrate CallRail with Wix
The integration with Wix is company-dependent in your account. Follow the instructions below for each company you’d like to integrate with Wix.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose the company you’d like to integrate with Wix.
- Find and select the Wix integration tile.
- Copy the company ID on this page to your clipboard (you'll enter it into the Wix integration with CallRail).
- From your Wix account, select the Wix site you'd like to integrate with CallRail.
- Select Marketing Tools on the left-hand navigation.
- Select Marketing Integrations in the Marketing Tools column.
- Find the CallRail integration tile and click Go For it.
- On the top right of the CallRail integration page, click Connect CallRail.
- Paste your CallRail company ID (from the Wix integration page) in the pop-up window and click Save.
- After clicking Save, your integration with CallRail will be activated and your tracking numbers will start swapping on your Wix website.
- Be sure to test your installation before your campaign begins. Learn how to test dynamic number insertion with this help article.
Can I track form submissions?
Unfortunately, our Wix integration cannot track form submissions on your Wix website. We can only track calls and text messages to your tracking numbers.
Why isn’t my telephone number swapping?
Have you cleared your cookies, or tried accessing the website in a private browsing session? The most important part of testing dynamic number insertion is to simulate the experience of a first-time visitor before testing. Otherwise, the swap code will detect you as a visitor to the website from a previous session.
How do I prevent a number from swapping on my website?
If there is a specific place on your website where you don't want the number to swap, update the telephone number in your source code so that our swap script doesn't recognize it. In the number that you do not want to be swapped, you can use HTML tags that don't apply additional style.
For example: 555-<span>444<span>-3333.