The Greeting step in the Call Flow Builder allows you to play a recorded announcement to your callers. You can upload an MP3 file of a greeting you own or type in a message that CallRail will read to the caller in a friendly voice.
If you prefer to not use the Call Flow Builder, you can implement a greeting on your tracking number's "Edit" page. Here's how:
Create a Greeting Step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a Greeting step in the company of your choice.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a Greeting step.
- Click Workflow at the top of the page.
- Create a new call flow by clicking + Create New Call Flow. You can also click the pencil icon to Edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Greeting from the list of available steps.
- Click Read Message and type in the message you'd like CallRail to read to the caller in a female voice. The voicemail language will default to the country selected at the top of the call flow. This can be changed in the drop-down menu above your message.
Alternatively, click Play Recording to upload a recording from your computer you'd like to use.
- Once you've created your greeting, select additional steps where calls should forward according to your business preferences.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.