With CallRail's form tracking tool, you can receive alerts when a potential lead has submitted a form on your website. Each time a customer fills out a form, we’ll capture the contents of that form and instantly alert you by phone call, text message, or email.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Set up email, call, and text alerts for new form leads
- Set business hours for your form alerts
You can choose to receive an email alert when someone submits a form on your website. This email includes all of the contents of the form and a link to call your form lead back.
If you choose to call a customer back, this call will appear on your call log as an outbound call and will be billed accordingly.
Form Submission Alerts
- Choose the company where you'd like to receive form alerts.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select Form Alerts on the left side of the page.
- To add an email alert for a user, click + Add Alert in the first box on the page, and select the user in your account who should receive an email alert when a form is submitted on your website.
- To receive a phone call alert or a text message when a form is submitted on your website, click the checkbox for phone call and/or text message alerts in the Phone and Text Notifications (US and Canada Only) section of this page. Enter the telephone number where we can send an alert. This phone number should be a number you own outside of CallRail, and not a CallRail tracking number.
When configuring a phone or text alert, you can choose which telephone number a customer should see on their caller ID when you return their call.
- Select The same number as above to show your personal number to the customer.
- Select a Tracking Number that you’d like to show on the customer’s caller ID.
- Select a specific Outbound Caller ID that you’ve verified to show on the caller ID.
Add your company’s business hours to set specific times when you’d like to receive call and/or text message alerts.
- Select the Any Day drop-down menu, and click the timeframe when you’d like to receive alerts.
- Select the All Day drop-down menu, and choose to receive alerts all day, or between specific hours.
- Click + Add Time to add additional days that you’d like to receive alerts if necessary.
- Click Save to update your form alert settings.
What kind of telephone numbers can receive Form Tracking alerts?
CallRail is able to send your form submission alerts to standard North American local and toll-free numbers. CallRail is not able to send alerts to telephone numbers outside the United States and Canada.