With CallRail's Form Tracking tool, you can receive notifications when a potential lead has submitted a form on your website. These email notifications include each field your customer completed on your form, as well as the marketing campaign information for that customer. These notifications also include a link to that customer's timeline in your CallRail account so you can get a detailed history of each interaction they've had with your business.
If you'd like to go a step further with your notifications, you can also set up a Quick Response notification for your form. With Quick Response notifications, we’ll capture the contents of each form submitted on your website and instantly call or text you that customer's details so you can connect with them. These notifications help you reach customers when they're thinking about your business and ready to talk, even if you're not at your computer. You can apply business hours to these Quick Response notifications to ensure you're only being notified during working hours.
User Permissions for Notifications
You can create or update notifications for your personal login at any time. If you need to manage another user's notifications, you'll need to be an administrator or a manager. Here are the user permissions for notification emails:
- Administrators can create or edit notifications for themselves and any other user on their account.
- Managers can create or edit notifications for themselves and any users in companies they're assigned to.
- Reporting users can only create or edit their own notifications.
For more details about the different user types in CallRail, see this help article: Managing Users
Form Submissions Email Notification Example
Here's an example of the type of email notification you'd receive when someone submits a form to your website:
Create a Form Submission Email Notification
Use these instructions if you’d like to receive a notification email for yourself or another user on your account when someone fills out a form on your website.
- Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Notifications.
- Select Forms from the Notifications section in the left menu.
- Click Create Notification.
- Choose the company we should include in your notification email and the user who should receive this notification. Only administrators and managers on your account will be able to choose a different user than themselves on this step. Reporting users can only create notifications for their own login. Click Save when finished.
Quick Response Notification for Forms
Create Quick Response Notifications for your forms if you'd like to receive your notifications via phone call or text message. These notifications will include the contents of the form, as well as the telephone number where you can reach the customer who submitted a form on your website. If you choose to call a customer back through these notifications, this call will appear on your call log as an outbound call and will be billed accordingly.
- Click the Account icon</st in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Notifications.
- Select Forms from the Quick Response section in the left menu.
- Choose the company where you'd like to set up your Quick Response and click the corresponding Edit (pencil) icon.
- The phone number you enter here should be a number you own outside of CallRail and not a CallRail tracking number. Then, configure your callback preferences.
- Set your company's business hours. This ensures we don't call or text you notifications outside of working hours.
- When you're finished setting up your Quick Response notifications, click Save at the bottom of the page.
What kind of telephone numbers can receive Quick Response notifications?
We can send form submission alerts to standard North American local and toll-free numbers. We can't send Quick Response notifications to telephone numbers outside the United States and Canada.